Home

EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is my problem with the game, it just seems overall difficult and the control scheme is just totally off. Too many times it felt like I wasn't even controlling my character on the screen.

People can say what they want, but the most important thing in any game is controls, simplicity and fun factor. Pretty graphics mean nothing if the game just isn't fun. I will admit that you can have some really cool moments, but then when your player is not responsive it just makes you want to not play anymore.

Also am I the only one who thought this game was beyond difficult?

Overall I would not even buy this game for $19.99, it's just not any fun when the controls make me feel like I'm trying to figure out a rubik's cube
Old 07-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

OVR: 0
Its difficult at random times to me. For example, I KO'd Jon Jones in about 20 seconds. Probably a lucky kick. But then I go the distance with Gustafsson in my next fight, where I can't block him enough and he puts me on my butt a couple times early on.

Overall, the game isn't bad. It gets a bit repetitive sometimes when the computer opponent spam attacks you and everything, but that's old news at this point.

I think this is a good value for someone who was on the fence about it. Its not a great game, but I think its a good game.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Whether you think the game is poor or not....this game, much like their World Cup game didn't sell as well as EA was hoping for.

World Cup sold 370,000 both PS3 and 360 combined

This UFC game sold 460,000 copies PS4 and Xbox One combined

But hey, it still outsold NBA Live 14, which to date only sold 160,000 copies PS4 and Xbox One combined.

And for those who are wondering, UFC Undisputed 3 sold 517,351 copies within it's 1st month of release.
Thanks for the stats. I think its unfair for people to compare the sales of the UFC game to UFC 3 when the install bases are so low. There are under 10 million next gen consoles sold currently combined and over 100 million current gen consoles sold.

EA UFC isnt a smash hit but to sell almost 500k games is pretty decent with this install base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

$40 is a good deal. I might just have to capitalize on that.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks for the stats. I think its unfair for people to compare the sales of the UFC game to UFC 3 when the install bases are so low. There are under 10 million next gen consoles sold currently combined and over 100 million current gen consoles sold.

EA UFC isnt a smash hit but to sell almost 500k games is pretty decent with this install base.
PS4 has sold like 6 million systems right? That's a pretty good ratio as far as copies sold per consoles available.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
PS4 has sold like 6 million systems right? That's a pretty good ratio as far as copies sold per consoles available.
Yep and xbox a little under 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by life4eva
This is my problem with the game, it just seems overall difficult and the control scheme is just totally off. Too many times it felt like I wasn't even controlling my character on the screen.

People can say what they want, but the most important thing in any game is controls, simplicity and fun factor. Pretty graphics mean nothing if the game just isn't fun. I will admit that you can have some really cool moments, but then when your player is not responsive it just makes you want to not play anymore.

Also am I the only one who thought this game was beyond difficult?

Overall I would not even buy this game for $19.99, it's just not any fun when the controls make me feel like I'm trying to figure out a rubik's cube
I would actuslly say the controls are too simplistic. Especially in comparison to other MMA games. The ground game maybe baffling at first. But once you learn it. It is quite simple. Simpler than Undisputed for sure. And for damn sure nowhere near a rubik's cube.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just FYI for those still on the fence. They dropped the price again to $39.99, not sure for how long.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...VFU4DFBRHDMEWT
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »