Home

NCAA To Vote on Autonomy for Power Conferences on August 7th

This is a discussion on NCAA To Vote on Autonomy for Power Conferences on August 7th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
ridiculous. collegiate sports should remain collegiate sports. these power conferences are getting way too powerful. This will not be good for collegiate sports if enacted.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA To Vote on Autonomy for Power Conferences on August 7th

You know, I really believed at one time that we would see four 16 team conferences as time came along, but I guess that's not going to happen. However, I do believe now more than ever that we are going to see a "Premier League" type split at the top. The economics are just too good to keep with the other conferences that have latched on at the bottom.

I have a lot of theories on this, and since they are long winded I'll keep them in spoiler text, but I think we are seeing the end of the old system right now.

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
Love your NCAA articles.
Agreed, MMChrisS can write some really good stuff.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #11
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

College football is over as we know it. We will now be watching NFL minor-league football

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
ridiculous. collegiate sports should remain collegiate sports. these power conferences are getting way too powerful. This will not be good for collegiate sports if enacted.

yup.

While this may pave the way for video games to be sold... it kind of ruins the sport/league/organization for me. I like the fact that there are 130 FBS teams. The gap between those teams in the power conferences and mid majors is/was continuing to blur.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
yup.

While this may pave the way for video games to be sold... it kind of ruins the sport/league/organization for me. I like the fact that there are 130 FBS teams. The gap between those teams in the power conferences and mid majors is/was continuing to blur.
They're scared of that very thing happening. Kansas State and Florida, two of the power 5's biggest teams in recent years, both lost to FCS opponents last season, as well as Michigan's very close games against weaker teams from the non-BCS conferences. In order to maintain their "power conferences" image, they can't risk their teams losing to these little schools. "If our teams are going to lose, might as well have them lose to one another. That way, we can keep claiming superiority without having to prove it."

College Football needs a bracket-style tournament, to keep it fair. Have them play 6 conference/rival games, then start the tourney in place of the second half of the season. From there, where teams get knocked out of the tourney decides which bowl games they end up in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »