Home

NHL 15 Interview with Sean Ramjagsingh - AI, Atmosphere, Puck Physics & More

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Interview with Sean Ramjagsingh - AI, Atmosphere, Puck Physics & More within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Get the gameplay, AI , atomosphere and commentary right and we will be in heaven. Each team and player should play differently. Playing against Crosby , Malkin or a lucic, chara , etc should be a challenge. I just found the gameplay stale and boring the last 5 iterations and that's probably due to the fact that every team and player plays almost exactly the same. Instead of wasting space on winter classic or other leagues get a real stats man and make each player unique and different.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 15 Interview with Sean Ramjagsingh - AI, Atmosphere, Puck Physics & More

Wasn't as bad as his interviews from E3, but still more or less a fluffy piece.

One thing that was a bit worrying was the mention of them not being sure about the ice quality affecting the puck behaviour just yet. I'd love to see the ice having an impact, just as it does in real life. This seems like a no brainer to me, but at the very, very least why not give us a slider so we can decide ourselves? By all means, pick a default setting and tune it into the ground for online play like they do every year, but give us the freedom to tweak what we want offline, please.

As for the Winter Classic thing, I'd say it's worth dropping for this year if we're getting better standard arenas.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 15 Interview with Sean Ramjagsingh - AI, Atmosphere, Puck Physics & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Wasn't as bad as his interviews from E3, but still more or less a fluffy piece.

One thing that was a bit worrying was the mention of them not being sure about the ice quality affecting the puck behaviour just yet. I'd love to see the ice having an impact, just as it does in real life. This seems like a no brainer to me, but at the very, very least why not give us a slider so we can decide ourselves? By all means, pick a default setting and tune it into the ground for online play like they do every year, but give us the freedom to tweak what we want offline, please.

As for the Winter Classic thing, I'd say it's worth dropping for this year if we're getting better standard arenas.
Agreed.
If they're going to do it, do it right.
I would like all the stadiums/parks they've already played in. Then in each year of GM mode, it would rotate with 2 different teams every year.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
You do have tools though, stick lifts, poke checks, puck batting, stick to ice. Granted I have zero idea how the game plays online, and you likely have a valid argument if stats are the only determining factor. If that's the case EA needs to address it.
My problem with all of that stuff is you have no control over them, besides the poke check. But even that one is just pressing a button and hoping for the best. I've posted it before, but the defensive controls in this game are years behind what the skill-stick brings to offense. If they're going to have a feature in the game, EA needs to give us the ability to control it. If i'm trying to skate by a guy to get to a puck in the corner, i should be able to go around him, and if he cuts in front of me, it's interference. Instead, i get magically sucked into him and we bump each other with sticks. It's so frustrating.
Same for hitting pucks in the air. I wish it was something i controlled, instead of something the AI tries to do when it thinks it would be best.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
My problem with all of that stuff is you have no control over them, besides the poke check. But even that one is just pressing a button and hoping for the best. I've posted it before, but the defensive controls in this game are years behind what the skill-stick brings to offense. If they're going to have a feature in the game, EA needs to give us the ability to control it. If i'm trying to skate by a guy to get to a puck in the corner, i should be able to go around him, and if he cuts in front of me, it's interference. Instead, i get magically sucked into him and we bump each other with sticks. It's so frustrating.
Same for hitting pucks in the air. I wish it was something i controlled, instead of something the AI tries to do when it thinks it would be best.
i agree about how useless the defensive controls are.
i would even welcome some canned animation where the defenseman can shield away an attacking forward.

its way too hard to stop a forward one on one in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 06:01 AM   #22
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 15 Puck Daddy Preview (nothing really new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
"we’ve literally rebuilt our AI from the ground up"

I hope this one is true. And really hope that there's been people programming new AI which know something about hockey's defensive part.
and yet from the videos I have seen,it is basically automatic to carry the puck into the zone because the cpu ai d-men just keep skating backwards.

This has been a MAJOR complaint of the AI since NHL 07... going to be 8 years now. If they can't get this rudimentary aspect of the game right, can we really believe the ai is "rebuilt from the ground up"??
Old 07-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NHL 15 Puck Daddy Preview (nothing really new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
and yet from the videos I have seen,it is basically automatic to carry the puck into the zone because the cpu ai d-men just keep skating backwards.

This has been a MAJOR complaint of the AI since NHL 07... going to be 8 years now. If they can't get this rudimentary aspect of the game right, can we really believe the ai is "rebuilt from the ground up"??
They could have inefficient programmers.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
That would be true had they released NHL 14 on next gen but they didn't so I doubt that NHL 16 will be the "real" game
I think NHL 16 will be not the real game either, every time excuses. The change a little bit sliders that's it. Ok the have finally all Arenas, why we get not Teambuilder , where we can change Goalie masks, and boards. It's the same thing with Madden. The need seriously competition. Exclusive licenses are **** for us gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »