Home

College Players "Want Their Game Back"

This is a discussion on College Players "Want Their Game Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
College Players "Want Their Game Back"

OS'ers rejoice, you aren't the only ones who want NCAA Football to return.

With EA officially on-board with a reboot if player likenesses can be obtained for a new game, college football players seem to be more than open to the idea of a return.

"Give us the NCAA Football 15 (video game)," Georgia Tech Offensive Lineman Shaquille Mason said to a CBS Sports reporter. "We used to play it every day. We used to say during fall that would get us through the camp playing the game. That really was a blow."

The legal structures needed are coming in line now. The ACC, under Commissioner John Swofford, is developing their own likeness release forms right now to replace the current releaes. Given Power-5 autonomy, it is likely that we will see schools and conferences begin to work to possibly give players royalties for things like jersey sales and video game appearances, although money for TV appearances seems like an unlikely outcome. If player likenesses could be licensed for a video game, the legal issues a college game could face would no longer be present and its likely EA would be quick to jump back into development so long as the licensing terms made business sense.

NC State AD Debbie Yow says she senses 'strong' support within the Power-5 conferences to talk about the issue once the autonomy vote is passed.

"I think it raises the issue in terms of our consideration of it as part of our rules and regulations, and certainly from a legal standpoint it raises the issue as well," Swofford said. "I don't think it necessarily translates to paying players. I don't think you're going to see people running around using the names and likeness of players without really being careful and having appropriate approvals."

You can read more about this story on CBSSports.com.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
So is it possible to see an ncaa football 16?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
So is it possible to see an ncaa football 16?
Is it possible to have a NCAA football 15?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: College Players "Want Their Game Back"

Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but how would be fair if a player who goes to Tennessee gets compensation for being in the game but a Boise St. player still gets no compensation?

And if we're implying that only power conferences will be in the game, then that's great if you're a fan of a team in those power conferences. But you would still be missing half of D-1A schools. I can't see how that game could possibly be any better.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
Rookie

tbranan's Arena

OVR: 1
I think if the "Power 5"(pompous jerky name) sign on, the rest of college football will follow suit. If you are an AD or SID, you don't want your school left out of that game. It's easy marketing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, we all want it back. Including the players but I still think there are years of litigation before things are ironed out.. Schools and conferences need to be sure they won't face any litigation before jumping back on board. NCAA 15, no chance whatsoever. '16 I think it would be a miracle if it were to happen. Maybe '17 seems more realistic.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but how would be fair if a player who goes to Tennessee gets compensation for being in the game but a Boise St. player still gets no compensation?

And if we're implying that only power conferences will be in the game, then that's great if you're a fan of a team in those power conferences. But you would still be missing half of D-1A schools. I can't see how that game could possibly be any better.
Will def change the dynamics of recruiting huh! Lmao
Old 07-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
Yes, we all want it back. Including the players but I still think there are years of litigation before things are ironed out.. Schools and conferences need to be sure they won't face any litigation before jumping back on board. NCAA 15, no chance whatsoever. '16 I think it would be a miracle if it were to happen. Maybe '17 seems more realistic.
I agree...going to take a while. They wanna make sure they can't have a lawsuit against them again.

My question is, will this mean EA can put the real names in instead of the number?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »