Home

EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Chelsea FC

Last edited by ERA; 07-22-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC Adding Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw & Tyron Woodley

I've noticed two things so far, and I'm only 30 seconds into my first fight. Stamina was tweaked, if you take a good body blow, you're gassed. And you can't spam without running out of stamina anymore.

Also, I'm playing Woodley and MacDonald and at the beginning of the fight, MacDonald tried to touch gloves. I restarted the fight to double check and its in the game now. Only thing is, I don't know how to touch gloves...

Also, I saw a new sprawl animation. I went in for a single-leg takedown and he took my back rather than just shrugging me off.

This update is really good so far.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 07-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I've noticed two things so far, and I'm only 30 seconds into my first fight. Stamina was tweaked, if you take a good body blow, you're gassed. And you can't spam without running out of stamina anymore.

Also, I'm playing Woodley and MacDonald and at the beginning of the fight, MacDonald tried to touch gloves. I restarted the fight to double check and its in the game now. Only thing is, I don't know how to touch gloves...

Also, I saw a new sprawl animation. I went in for a single-leg takedown and he took my back rather than just shrugging me off.

Awesome. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA

Sounds great! I'm hoping the AI aggressiveness got tweaked
Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #5
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
Sounds great! I'm hoping the AI aggressiveness got tweaked
I can already give you a definitive answer on that, and the answer is no. After playing it for an hour, the AI aggressiveness and the stamina tweaks don't mesh well together. You have to play it to see what I mean. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This game is so hard after this update.. It's impossible to get a takedown. No matter how well you time it (if your opponents gassed, go in when your opponent is throwing a punch), they'll just take your back and throw bombs down on you. I've only gotten one successful takedown in 4 fights.

Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I can already give you a definitive answer on that, and the answer is no. After playing it for an hour, the AI aggressiveness and the stamina tweaks don't mesh well together. You have to play it to see what I mean. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I dont completely agree with this. He's right that it doesn't appear they touched the AI aggressiveness in the patch. Just fought Machida on Normal and he came out the gate throwing superman punches and moving forward.

With that said, the stamina tweaks work well in my opinion if you use movement. Movement causes the CPU's stamina to drop and when they have lower stamina they dont throw punches as often. It slows their pace alot. There are more points in a round where the CPU will relax to regenerate stamina.

Its still not where we want it though. I just dont know if we are going to get what we want. I think the dev team wants an aggressive CPU so that every fight is a competitive fight. They may think thats what the casuals prefer.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:22 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

On a more positive note....Finish the Fight looks great and love the sprawl animation.

FYI, touch gloves is L2 and LS toward the direction of the fighter you are facing.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont completely agree with this. He's right that it doesn't appear they touched the AI aggressiveness in the patch. Just fought Machida on Normal and he came out the gate throwing superman punches and moving forward.

With that said, the stamina tweaks work well in my opinion if you use movement. Movement causes the CPU's stamina to drop and when they have lower stamina they dont throw punches as often. It slows their pace alot. There are more points in a round where the CPU will relax to regenerate stamina.

Its still not where we want it though. I just dont know if we are going to get what we want. I think the dev team wants an aggressive CPU so that every fight is a competitive fight. They may think thats what the casuals prefer.
Just got in my first fight post-patch and I noticed this as well, playing on normal, acc. clock, Dillashaw-Barao.

The sprawl when defending takedowns is such a welcome addition (also applies to some clinch takedowns), as is the ability to land extra shots after a knockout. I just read the patch notes and it's quite an impressive list I must say.

Now does anybody know how to touch gloves??

EDIT: ^ Thanks!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »