Home

EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Patch Version 1.02 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports UFC Adding Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw & Tyron Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
On a more positive note....Finish the Fight looks great and love the sprawl animation.

FYI, touch gloves is L2 and LS toward the direction of the fighter you are facing.
I just press L2 and and click the right stick in. Doing it the way you say will cause you to get hit in the face because most ppl don't know how to do it.

Last edited by apollooff320; 07-22-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't wait to try it out! Really excited about using Woodley! The CPU aggressiveness seems to be more of an issue with difficulty level. I haven't done any testing, but, I have played on Normal, Hard and Pro and it seems, FOR ME ANYWAY, that Hard/Pro offers a less aggressive CPU opponent. I could be wrong, but, my perception when fighting on those levels is that the CPU manages its stamina much better and doesn't just keep moving forward.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #11
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its still not where we want it though. I just dont know if we are going to get what we want. I think the dev team wants an aggressive CPU so that every fight is a competitive fight. They may think thats what the casuals prefer.
I can assure you this isn't the reason. I really wanted us to patch the CPU aggressiveness for you guys in this one, but the only guy who was really qualified to do the work was away on vacation and didn't get back until the patch was on lockdown.

I can't promise it will be where you want it, but there will be some CPU aggression tuning in the next patch.

That's the only time I'll break my "can't talk about future stuff" rule because I feel you guys deserve to know the reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I can already give you a definitive answer on that, and the answer is no. After playing it for an hour, the AI aggressiveness and the stamina tweaks don't mesh well together. You have to play it to see what I mean. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This game is so hard after this update.. It's impossible to get a takedown. No matter how well you time it (if your opponents gassed, go in when your opponent is throwing a punch), they'll just take your back and throw bombs down on you. I've only gotten one successful takedown in 4 fights.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
I've taken barao down 3 times post-update, in three rounds. Don't use the strong takedowns, use the regular ones like the single legs, those don't trigger a sprawl animation and the window to defend them is much shorter especially when your opponent is throwing a strike.

I love that the full guard sweep is easier to defend now, alwas thought that the full guard sweep to full mount (no hand scissor sweep (??)) was a bad design decision anyway.

Great to hear from a dev here, so far these are all positive steps into a much better, more realistic game, hopefully we get a patch where only a select few guys have off the cage strikes.

Also.. I have a bone to pick with you EA Sports UFC Dev... Where's my guy Matt Brown?? Show the man some love!

edit: I used pro difficulty btw
Old 07-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I can assure you this isn't the reason. I really wanted us to patch the CPU aggressiveness for you guys in this one, but the only guy who was really qualified to do the work was away on vacation and didn't get back until the patch was on lockdown.

I can't promise it will be where you want it, but there will be some CPU aggression tuning in the next patch.

That's the only time I'll break my "can't talk about future stuff" rule because I feel you guys deserve to know the reason.
I really appreciate the response and love the answer. I would've been ok if the answer was similar to what I said because I understand the reasoning. With that said, I'm very happy with the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I just press L2 and and click the right stick in. Doing it the way you say will cause you to get hit in the face because most ppl don't know how to do it.
My way worked for me. Lol.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Can't wait to try it out! Really excited about using Woodley! The CPU aggressiveness seems to be more of an issue with difficulty level. I haven't done any testing, but, I have played on Normal, Hard and Pro and it seems, FOR ME ANYWAY, that Hard/Pro offers a less aggressive CPU opponent. I could be wrong, but, my perception when fighting on those levels is that the CPU manages its stamina much better and doesn't just keep moving forward.
I see the opposite. CPU is way more aggressive in pro with me than normal. Could be different with the patch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #16
Rookie

I found one issue while the CPU is in full guard, now that the sweeps are much easier to defend, it's easy to pin the CPU down in full guard and unleash ground and pound. They rely too heavily on the sweeps (almost exclusively even) and don't try to stand up as much, therefore it's easy to pin them down in full guard and win that way. The ref doesn't initiate stand ups too, so right now it's too easy to win via GNP from full guard.

edit: I've now sat in full guard for the past three fights and was able to end the fight that way. Too easy, too predictable, CPU not attempting to stand up, only wanting to sweep from full guard, punching while in the bottom even in a rocked state. This has taken the enjoyment out of the ground game for me. I hope they fix this quick.

Last edited by ron_bato; 07-22-2014 at 09:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »