Home

NHL 15 Video, Screenshots & Blog Featuring the Superstar Skill Stick

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Video, Screenshots & Blog Featuring the Superstar Skill Stick within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #25
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NHL 15 Video, Screenshots & Blog Featuring the Superstar Skill Stick

Dang, that looked ridiculous. I'll try to maintain realistic expectations.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

All EASHL Defensemen are getting the shakes right now.

nothing like knowing what the skater is going to do, guessing right, but still having a low percentage chance to successfully stop it. All conjecture at this point of course, but its been this way for years online, so its hard to see it changing any time soon...
Old 07-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Didn't basically same thing happen last year too(not just for NHL,but also other games like Madden,NBA,MLB and stuff?)
It did, but don't let reality stop the haters from spewing their yearly hate. Personally I'm looking forward to the game dropping so they crawl back under their rocks for another 12 months.

On topic, I like that the puck appears more loose in the actual subtle puck movements with the stick itself, rather than glued on in years past. It may be more refinement than anything but it looks leaps and bounds better and more realistic than the previous gen. Less robotic and clunky as well animations wise, also a plus.

I do hope that the defensive tools are effective in breaking these dekes up, be it a well timed check, stick lift or poke that could create an odd man going the other way. That to me would make people really have to think about it, if the AI is smart enough to read and anticipate plays like they're touting, trying a fancy side step or one touch, just to have an AI defender bat the puck away to a forward looking to break out would be pretty awesome to see the CPU pull off with some consistency.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Based off of what? The combined 2 mins of real gameplay footage that has been seen or the fluff and repetitive interviews that are out there?

I'll wait for the demo to see if it's anything more than a port with some graphical upgrades and shoddy AI and glitch fest to score again. If you can get any discernible info that clears up the questions surrounding this series from these hype trailers then you are a better detective than I could ever be.
Everyone has an opinion. Mine is that this game looks absolutely phenominal. Sorry.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
the same movements that we see at least ten years, I do not know what you're excited about, a part of that the saga of marketing...with bim bum bam trailers continues, when we see some real gameplay video we can talk about real improvements at this moment it is all marketing.
The Tavares and Kane dekes have perfect pro-hockey form, it was like watching an instructor at hockey camp. I love it.

Why does the puck 'dribbling' in place look so much different? Is it the wrist action, or are they just handling it more/faster? What ever it is, looks great.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

now lets just hope I cant pull these moves off with Zdeno Chara
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
now lets just hope I cant pull these moves off with Zdeno Chara
You can try, you'll likely lose the puck 8 out of 10 tries though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #32
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
The Tavares and Kane dekes have perfect pro-hockey form, it was like watching an instructor at hockey camp. I love it.

Why does the puck 'dribbling' in place look so much different? Is it the wrist action, or are they just handling it more/faster? What ever it is, looks great.
I think it's the way the players use their back hands to actually make it look like they're moving the puck around with the stick. It didn't seem to move a whole lot in NHL14.

Also, i'll say this. The lack of defense is still looking to be a problem. If it's released the way it is looking now, it's still going to be defensemen just backing into the zone holding their stick. Almost all of the defense in that video that isn't a crushing check is a defenseman just moving backwards just holding their stick as they move closer to the goalie, either screening them, or letting the guy around.

Last edited by actionhank; 07-23-2014 at 08:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »