Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Crowns Best Team Ever + New Screens

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Crowns Best Team Ever + New Screens within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dynasty League Baseball Online Crowns Best Team Ever + New Screens

Dynasty League Baseball Online recently ran their fourth annual greatest team ever tournament with USA Today to crown the best baseball team ever.

In this year's tournament, "Harvey's Wallbangers", otherwise known as the 1982 Milwaukee Brewers, won the tournament by defeating the 1998 New York Yankees 8-4.

We received some new screenshots from the online-based simulation game featuring Miller Park and Griffith Stadium (pictured above). We reviewed the game last Spring and gave it high marks, it is most definitely work a look if you are a fan of the baseball management simulation style.

You can learn more about the game on Dynasty League Baseball Online's official website.

Platform: Mac / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
If you are interested in hearing what it is like to be in a real time multi-player draft league you can read the MLB.com blog interview with Twitter Sports Geoff Reiss

http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs.com/2014/07/10/twitter-sports-geoff-reiss-talks-about-his-draft-league-experience-with-dynasty-league-baseball/
Old 07-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks, I'll be honest Ive never seen or heard of this as I'm not a huge computer game person at all. However, I'm a diehard baseball fan who is loves fantasy. I appreciate the link and am going to seriously think about this. I believe it'd be a great option because with the people paying that means they take it seriously, so it seems to avoid people who don't care. Looks great, thank you
Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
Rookie

The DYNASTY League Baseball Online community that plays in leagues is very serious, dedicated and also knowledgeable about baseball. There is a new Private Draft League Directory that has over 60 active draft and season replay leagues and the directory has been up only 2 months. It is a multi-player baseball league experience unlike any other in terms of immersion, challenge and realism.

The SNBL that the Geoff Reiss interview talks about above obviously has some high profile people like the Head of Twitter Sports, the USA TODAY Baseball Editor and the NBA VP of Events (he organized THE original Dream Team in Barecelona Spain) and these people find time in their busy schedule to play all their league games live because they love DYNASTY League Baseball so much.

Here is the SNBL home page that updates in real time as games are played:

http://www.dynastyleaguebaseball.com/League.aspx?OrgID=53182
Old 07-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
why were the 1982 brewers even in the tournament they didnt win the world series that yeaar lol. we know this simultaion is off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Lots of Great Teams never even made it to the World Series like the 2001 Mariners. Each franchise is represented and clearly the 1982 Brewers are the best team in Brewer history with four HOF'ers and one more that should be (Ted Simmons).
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Crowns Best Team Ever + New Screens

Yeah, the 1999 Texas Rangers got demolished by the New York Yankees, but they were until 2010 the best Rangers team ever. I still love the '90s guys even with their "imperfections."

The online games are really fun and there is a tournament going on every day. Granted they aren't 64 team blowouts like the one last Saturday, but they can be a good challenge. I'm actually in the process of buying the board game version today with the Hall of Fame offer that came in their newsletter. The online stuff is fun, but I've always been a "pen and paper" type person. I score all the games I go to anyways, so it should be a lot of fun.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Crowns Best Team Ever + New Screens

It is a multi-player baseball league experience unlike any other in terms of immersion, challenge and realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »