Home

MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Improve Your Hitting in Four Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
The problem with leaving the PCI in one spot like that every pitch is, what if they don't throw it there? What if they throw it on the outside corner 3 pitches in a row and you get caught looking? I just turn the PCI off and play like that, much easier.
Like real baseball, if you're behind in the count or have two strikes you don't guess/look for specific pitches.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
OOTP Community Manager

OVR: 0

Quote:
The problem with leaving the PCI in one spot like that every pitch is, what if they don't throw it there? What if they throw it on the outside corner 3 pitches in a row and you get caught looking? I just turn the PCI off and play like that, much easier.
I'm not saying to not swing at any pitch not in the zone you're looking at. If there are two strikes, obviously you need to be defensive and open up your zone. If you leave the cursor in the middle, you're going to have to react to the majority of pitches, most people you play, and the CPU are going to aim for corners. If you see the pitcher always going to another location, focus on that.

Looking in one area gives you a huge advantage if the pitch is there, if it's out of that zone, and there are two strikes, you actually probably end up with a better chance at fouling the ball off, rather than just making bad contact and grounding out.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSportsGamer
I'm not saying to not swing at any pitch not in the zone you're looking at. If there are two strikes, obviously you need to be defensive and open up your zone. If you leave the cursor in the middle, you're going to have to react to the majority of pitches, most people you play, and the CPU are going to aim for corners. If you see the pitcher always going to another location, focus on that.

Looking in one area gives you a huge advantage if the pitch is there, if it's out of that zone, and there are two strikes, you actually probably end up with a better chance at fouling the ball off, rather than just making bad contact and grounding out.
That helps me out alot as well as the video thanks. This is also my first year buying the game and have found that batting is my biggest issue.

One question, I notice that you seem to be referencing the Dynasty mode. Would you take this same approach when developing a player in TheShow mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
OOTP Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Veteran settings so PCI is more forgiving and from looks of it HR Derby
In my offline franchise I use Dynamic Difficulty, my hitting difficulty bounces between Hall of Fame and Legend (I'm fairly sure that's what the top 2 are called), and the same strategy works there. The only thing with that is the CPU seems to throw more balls, so you need to be more patient.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #13
OOTP Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakiss88
One question, I notice that you seem to be referencing the Dynasty mode. Would you take this same approach when developing a player in TheShow mode?
Definitely. I'd also recommend putting training points toward Contact vs RHP and LHP first instead of focusing on Power vs RHP and LHP.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Definitely. I'd also recommend putting training points toward Contact vs RHP and LHP first instead of focusing on Power vs RHP and LHP.
LOL!!! Yea...my first attempt at that mode I learned that the hardway. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
lol and this they will other than rookie/veteran AI will pick up on what sportsgamer is doing in higher difficulty and no throw to same spot over and over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #16
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
In my offline franchise I use Dynamic Difficulty, my hitting difficulty bounces between Hall of Fame and Legend (I'm fairly sure that's what the top 2 are called), and the same strategy works there. The only thing with that is the CPU seems to throw more balls, so you need to be more patient.
I would show a video of that then where players slump and fatigue is accounted for none of those things are in for online franchise. Approach didnt work to well for Reds vs Angels lol #TSGTriplePlay JK

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »