Home

EA Sports Has Lost the Brazilian Clubs License For FIFA 15

This is a discussion on EA Sports Has Lost the Brazilian Clubs License For FIFA 15 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
The world of licensing is so ridiculous... so much money wasted on nonsense. EA brought this upon themselves.

Just go the route of open source editing and let the community take over. End this nonsense of ever increasing costs via exclusive deals. The consumers suffer in the end.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
Rookie

hossafan91's Arena

OVR: 11
Get more European leagues then! Without a true South American Champions League, the SA leagues are there mostly to be transferred anyway. Add more Euro leagues (Czech, Turkey, Ukraine, Israel, Finland, ect.) and more National teams (Slovakia, Japan, Canada, Costa Rica) as well as the ability to scout these countries in Manager mode. It makes no sense that there are teams that we can't scout for (ie. Hungary, India) and places we can scout, but they can't play nationally, since their team isn't in the game (ie. Japan, Slovakia, Canada). Adding more national teams, and scouting regions, as well as more leagues where there are champions leagues would help a lot.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #11
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Has Lost the Brazilian Clubs License For FIFA 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorkaos
Man, people on another forum around here (a brazilian forum, btw) are completely pissed with this. Most of them (many of these guys are my friends and they love fifa) are saying they will not buy fifa 15, and they will buy PES, just for the licenses.

Even being brazilian and living in Brazil, i don't play with these teams (i play with lower-league teams from england), i don't even watch the brazilian championship, but man, this was a terrible decision... i know it's not only EA's fault, CBF is probably behind this, but... yeah, this is not good for anyone...
well have fun playing with the partially licensed Brazilian league on PES while also playing Merseyside Red vs London FC (the PES names for Liverpool and Chelsea...)

it sucks that they coulnd't negotiate the rights again this year but this isn't the first time. it's happened before with NCAA football where a certain school or actual owner of certain rights decides to make a money grab and it isn't worth the cost to include them.

honestly, I've never used a team not in UEFA ever in the FIFA series, outside of National teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Given their performance in the World Cup - you would think Brazillian clubs would be a little less demanding! *rim shot*

Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #13
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Wouldn't be surprised if the Brazilian league ends up in '15 still. EA is notorious for last minute additions to FIFA, and it sounds like they are trying to get Brazilian league futbol fans, and FIFA game fans in general to put the pressure on the league given the tone of this statement within the announcement:

"While this is unfortunate news for many of our fans, we were able to retain the Brazil National Team in FIFA 15 as well as the Brazilian stars that play in other top leagues around the world. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to keep the lines of communication open with the Brazilian rights holders."
Old 07-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #14
Just started!

sergi's Arena

This is garbage . While I think they gonna find a way to change this, I would be really sad without the clubs from my country. Unfortunately, PES usually sucks, so I'll probably be buying FIFA in September.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Thumbs up Re: EA Sports Has Lost the Brazilian Clubs License For FIFA 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
well have fun playing with the partially licensed Brazilian league on PES while also playing Merseyside Red vs London FC (the PES names for Liverpool and Chelsea...)

it sucks that they coulnd't negotiate the rights again this year but this isn't the first time. it's happened before with NCAA football where a certain school or actual owner of certain rights decides to make a money grab and it isn't worth the cost to include them.

honestly, I've never used a team not in UEFA ever in the FIFA series, outside of National teams.
I refuse to play PES. There's no full manual controls in that game (their manual settings feels like semi-assisted to me), tackles and marking are ridiculous, goalkeepers are dumb... that game still feels like a PS2 game for me.

As i've said, i don't play with brazilian teams (i normally pick Brentford or Shrewsbury Town, from England, to play my manager career), but it sucks... see, it's stuff that was in the game, and i doubt we will have a good replacement. Even if i don't like the brazilian championship, there's a lot of good players to buy when you play a manger career... talk about losing agreat pool of talent for your team...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Ai Caramba.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »