Home

Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Based strictly on how easy it is to get XP was in last years game that price for increasing the run blocking is a little disheartening.

I agree but if the way you gain XP this year is different then it may be fine. That's why I hope it's individual drills so you have to chose which linemen to train each week instead of them all gaining a huge lot of XP. Would definitely add a lot of strategy if you could only train one player per position each week.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #18
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree but if the way you gain XP this year is different then it may be fine. That's why I hope it's individual drills so you have to chose which linemen to train each week instead of them all gaining a huge lot of XP. Would definitely add a lot of strategy if you could only train one player per position each week.
Yea that's why i can't judge it right now. We'll all find out soon enough.

How would the rest of the team progress if only a select few get sent to individual drills? Would have to be some kind of performance based progression occurring along side of it that doesn't toss extreme amounts of xp at everyone i guess.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I also think an XP slider that's adjusts the XP earned would be good and probably pretty simple to implement. This could be placed in the settings and adjusted on the fly.

Example:
Level 1= 25% (users that have issues with how easy it is to get XP)
Level 2 = 50%
Level 3 = 75%
Level 4 = 100% (users that want max XP)

I think a lot of issues that people have could be resolved with working gameplay sliders and more flexibility built into the settings area of the game. If the sliders worked and XP was adjustable and people could edit players completely at anytime it would nice.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 07-31-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Yea that's why i can't judge it right now. We'll all find out soon enough.

How would the rest of the team progress if only a select few get sent to individual drills? Would have to be some kind of performance based progression occurring along side of it that doesn't toss extreme amounts of xp at everyone i guess.

Probably more advanced than we will get but maybe:

1 starter at each position (based on depth chart) at each position per week.

2 back ups on each side of the ball (based on depth chart) per week.

That way you would get to chose weekly who you want to progress. You want a top LT then you will be training him each week and neglecting the rest of Offensive Line. Or you can chose a different player each week during the season to try and slowly progress your whole line.

Then in the Off Season you can progress more.

Just a thought and honestly I could see an issue with the whole basing it on depth chart and people moving starters to second string to cheat, but was just an idea.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

OVR: 0

Hopefully. I'd like to see players gain a dynamic XP each game, regardless of whether they did anything stats-wise, to account for them getting more experienced. Typically, players get better over the course of a season. Maybe a player could gain XP based on how many snaps they took? ie. the more that guy plays, the more XP he gets. This would be on top of XP they can earn for stats (3 passing tds, 100 rushing yds, whatever) and in practice. I was really annoyed in 13 and 25 when my players wouldn't get any better if they didn't have great games.

In practice, would love to see mini-games, but just like the Drills in NBA2K, I think they would get boring and monotonous after a few times through. I would think drills would only be available in the off-season (and maybe pre-season? because Training Camp is still going on) to promote development in certain aspects of your team, kinda like Mini Camp in the old Maddens, then Practice for in-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This

I really hope they figured out a way to input coaches into this somehow. My guess is if they did make their way in that they would simply offer percentage decreases on certain attribute upgrades. A good OL coach results in less points to upgrade Run and Pass Blocking, an average coach the cost is the standard, a poor coach maybe a slight increase in how much these cost.

It would really be nice to be able to put together an entire staff of coaches that truly affected how players could develop and that have specialized abilities.

On a side note, I hope that the more convenient UI covers more than just the upgrade screen. UI on a whole in CFM is just awful and slow. I won't get into it all but everything needs to be sped up and easier to find.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #23
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Upgrading Players in Connected Franchise is a Little Easier This

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope they figured out a way to input coaches into this somehow. My guess is if they did make their way in that they would simply offer percentage decreases on certain attribute upgrades. A good OL coach results in less points to upgrade Run and Pass Blocking, an average coach the cost is the standard, a poor coach maybe a slight increase in how much these cost.

It would really be nice to be able to put together an entire staff of coaches that truly affected how players could develop and that have specialized abilities.

On a side note, I hope that the more convenient UI covers more than just the upgrade screen. UI on a whole in CFM is just awful and slow. I won't get into it all but everything needs to be sped up and easier to find.

I want this..it is a major thing is sports in general..however I could see if they install coaches this year will have very little effect on anything and will be more eye candy
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #24
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
I want this..it is a major thing is sports in general..however I could see if they install coaches this year will have very little effect on anything and will be more eye candy
I really hope not. Eye candy is the worst.

Hopefully with the talk of this confidence and weekly prep coaches will play a role. If I had to guess though I'd say the best we'll see is offensive and defensive coordinators which will be a disappointment whether they have an affect or not.

And if you had coaching staffs that mattered it would make something like having a practice squad actually matter as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »