Home

NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots

It'll probably be amazing until the online kiddies complain about it being too hard to score. Then it'll be patched out of existence.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Here's where having a video showcasing it would have silenced a lot of negativity. Missed opportunity there EA.
So expect a lot of negativity based on this...why is it that EA is trying to convince the consumers with all these promises without visual proof? Talk is cheap especially if it comes from EA. They've been doing this for several years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
What sad attempt at providing info, EA.
Not surprising.

I would really wait for OS'ers who will have access to EA to give their honest opinion about NHL gameplay.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
It'll probably be amazing until the online kiddies complain about it being too hard to score. Then it'll be patched out of existence.
Exactly. It happens every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Ehhh, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bergeron 2.0 however looks fantastic, glad they got on that and hopefully they did some others while they were at it.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

ooooooooook. see ya next week i guess. worst dev diary ever.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Does this new great feature apply to defense too?
Old 07-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #15
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
This ^^ a video showcasing it would have gone a long way. Now we'll just get another month of "EA is lying about the AI" posts instead. And they do mention all 3 zones, so there's zero excuse if there isn't neutral zone pressure this year with the proper strategy selected.
Agreed there are no more excuses for them with not having at least neutral zone pressure. I don't care how much someone loves the NHL series, nobody can say this was a good blog release. Honestly it's sad how bad that was and it deals with a very vital part to the game. The part of the game that most of the people on this forum wanted to hear about. If only they had done something like the Madden developers did a couple weeks ago by making a detailed video breaking down the bad parts of the game the past few years and talking about how they improved them or are looking to improve them in the future. That's the type of stuff that goes a long way with people. Hell even the NHL devs used to make videos showing the AI improvements in game. For some reason these types of things the devs used to do, just are no longer something they (or maybe it's the EA higher ups) care about.

I've said it on here so many times, people would not be so harsh on this game if the devs actually appeared to give a damn. Look at the Madden forum right now. It's filled with hope and a lot more positivity because the devs have come out and showed they care. I just don't see it with NHL and I haven't in a very very long time. It's probably been since Littman and Richards were still a vital part of the development.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 07-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Agreed there are no more excuses for them with not having at least neutral zone pressure. I don't care how much someone loves the NHL series, nobody can say this was a good blog release. Honestly it's sad how bad that was and it deals with a very vital part to the game. The part of the game that most of the people on this forum wanted to hear about. If only they had done something like the Madden developers did a couple weeks ago by making a detailed video breaking down the bad parts of the game the past few years and talking about how they improved them or are looking to improve them in the future. That's the type of stuff that goes a long way with people. Hell even the NHL devs used to make videos showing the AI improvements in game. For some reason these types of things the devs used to do, just are no longer something they (or maybe it's the EA higher ups) care about.

I've said it on here so many times, people would not be so harsh on this game if the devs actually appeared to give a damn. Look at the Madden forum right now. It's filled with hope and a lot more positivity because the devs have come out and showed they care. I just don't see it with NHL and I haven't in a very very long time. It's probably been since Littman and Richards were still a vital part of the development.
I wish they had done the same thing the Madden devs did as well. I agree with you on this post 100%. Well said bwiggs

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »