Home

FIFA 15 Video - Agility and Control

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Video - Agility and Control within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15 Video - Agility and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I feel like this is all well & good, but a total repeat of info we've already known. Yes, I get it, Messi dribbles with only his left foot blah blah blah.

What confused me was the sequence near the end showing the MoCap of the shoulder charge where one person had some sort of blocking pad. What the hell? Players don't brush off shoulder charges by pulling out their protective pillow.......is this why the refs never call any fouls for running over a player?
That was so the dude not being mocaped would not get knocked to the ground by the guy checking him who was.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
That was so the dude not being mocaped would not get knocked to the ground by the guy checking him who was.

Okay, so basically that means that the shoulder charge will be completely underpowered?........since the defending player can repeatedly barge into an opponent & not knock him over, but retain the ability to keep attempting a tackle?

The result sometimes better be to shoulder charge the player, knock him down, and be called for a foul.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Okay, so basically that means that the shoulder charge will be completely underpowered?........since the defending player can repeatedly barge into an opponent & not knock him over, but retain the ability to keep attempting a tackle?
No that has nothing to do with the motion capture. That will be scripted in the code on how hard the collision is based on the two players strength. How hard the pusher is and how strong the receiver is and warding it off. But there will be other times when yes, both players fight for the ball for a while and no one gets knocked over. Happens all the time.

It wasn't shown, but I assume there are also other situations from the other end. And probably ones with dudes falling to the ground.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #12
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
No that has nothing to do with the motion capture. That will be scripted in the code on how hard the collision is based on the two players strength. How hard the pusher is and how strong the receiver is and warding it off. But there will be other times when yes, both players fight for the ball for a while and no one gets knocked over. Happens all the time.

It wasn't shown, but I assume there are also other situations from the other end. And probably ones with dudes falling to the ground.
Okay, you make some great points. I just hope the system works realistically along with fouls being called in the appropriate situation. We all know that EA struggles majorly in properly replicating the amount of fouls called in a match, rendering the set piece game nearly useless.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

There were some nice looking animations. Also, I think this was the first video with some of the new kits it. We're getting closer...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »