Home

NHL 15 - Top Rated Goalies

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - Top Rated Goalies within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 - Top Rated Goalies

Those crowd signs are the little stuff that will make me buy this game
Old 08-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
From what it looks like, still a fake Tuukka. Pathetic.
Was the first thing I noticed too. So far from the screenshots and trailers I've spotted a few new face scans, but I fear there'll still be a lot of important players missing.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 AM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc08
Those crowd signs are the little stuff that will make me buy this game
The crowds are looking excellent in just about every screen shot I have seen. This could really make the game a lot more immersive this year, especially come playoff time.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Ya overall ratings mean nothing when the players all play equally. If there is a difference in skills and unique abilities of players and goalies that is when this game becomes great. As of now the gameplay is vanilla.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
im guessing one of the main gripes they have about releasing gameplay footage is that they're still editing players and how they look (face scans, equipment, et.). I assume that because almost every screenshot that is released reveals something changed or different from the previous release. Its not a big gripe but that could be a small factor. who knows :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Man, I am really disappointed in the face scans for this next gen version. The new masks, especially Carey Price's looks great, but how the hell can you have a scan of Lundqvist like that, he has too much swag not to have his bearded scan in the game now.

BTW, do not like the jersey texture of the Boston Bruins pic for Tuukka Rask, they need to really darken the blacks, looks like a light grey.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 22
Its probably the albedo values used in the game engine. To work With the light the values have to be lighter , if the game engines light isnt set up good the albedo color values Will look grey. The Jerseys shine more/ reflect more than cloth fabric do in real lite. In real liife cloth absorbs more light and look darker.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #24
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Its probably the albedo values used in the game engine. To work With the light the values have to be lighter , if the game engines light isnt set up good the albedo color values Will look grey. The Jerseys shine more/ reflect more than cloth fabric do in real lite. In real liife cloth absorbs more light and look darker.
That's the same issue plaguing The Show. The black fabrics don't come off as black. The difference between watching a real game and playing with the black alternate jerseys in that baseball game are very noticeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »