Home

NBA Live 15 - 20 Things You Need To Know About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 - 20 Things You Need To Know About the Game within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11
NBA Live 15 - 20 Things You Need To Know About the Game

GameInformer has just posted 20 things about NBA Live 15 you need to know. It includes quite a few details about presentation, gameplay and game modes.

We have posted a few interesting details below, but make sure you read the entire article here.
  • The commentary team of Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy returns. Given last year’s wooden performances, this year EA’s focus is on getting more banter injected in the proceedings. The two are spending more time recording side by side, and like NBA 2K, that dialogue between the two can be interrupted when something significant happens on the court.
  • The developers have completely overhauled the passing game and added more control back from Live 10, which to many was the last decent basketball effort from EA.
  • EA is placing a big emphasis on transitional animations to make the action look more believable. This obviously includes getting rid of instances where players take shots with their backs to the basket, a particularly egregious animation foul that occurred last year.
  • Fans of the EASBL will have to wait another year before the mode returns. EA wants to wait until the head-to-head online competitions, general gameplay, and visuals are up to par before investing in online team play.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 20 Things We Know About NBA Live 15 via Game Informer

• EA is placing a big emphasis on transitional animations to make the action look more believable. This obviously includes getting rid of instances where players take shots with their backs to the basket, a particularly egregious animation foul that occurred last year.
  • To cut down on clipping animations in the paint, EA has added physics to any player taking or contesting a shot. Now when players collide, the position of their forearms and hands are taken into account throughout the shot attempt.

These two points alone make me very excited for the game. Fixing animations and adding physics to the players.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Sounds good !
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Sounds really good. I hope it can deliver.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm kind of glad they aren't going the same route as 2k with rising star... I didn't really wanna play a RPG basketball game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 15 - 20 Things You Need To Know About the Game

good read, but i really dont care about anything they have said thus far. I only want to know if this yrs game will be customizable, including rosters and sliders!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
i thought jalen rose was in the commentary?

-Don’t expect Rising Star to follow in the footsteps of NBA 2K’s MyCareer mode. EA has no plans to integrate cutscenes into the mode. For Live 15, the developers are focusing on improving the performance tracking.
-EA Tiburon plans to launch a free trial on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 so people can experience the game before buying.

im kool wit no cutscenes and i cant wait for the demo. this game def needs a demo and a beta would be nice.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Looking forward to live 15. I skipped 14 and hope 15 is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »