Home

NHL 15 - Top Rated Right Wingers

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - Top Rated Right Wingers within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #9

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 15 - Top Rated Right Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
Phil Kessel is rated higher than Patrick Kane. Everyone take a moment and think about that.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
To those of you that think Kessel being higher then Kane is a joke.......You have no idea. Only one guy has more points in the past 3 seasons and that's Claude Giroux. Patrick Kane ? he is 11th on that list. And this is looking at the past 3 seasons. Not just one. Only Stamkos, Ovechkin, and Perry have scored more goals in that time. Kane is much further down that list. Among many other things........ In my opinion you could make an argument for Kane being heavily over rated for a guy who only averages 25 a year on an outstanding Chicago team.

Last edited by Ryan97; 08-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Phil Kessel is rated higher than Patrick Kane. Everyone take a moment and think about that.
That's just plain stupid. For Kaner not to be at the very least in the 90's is just dumb.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4
Surprised Kane isnt rated at least 90-92. I mean the talent this guy has deserves him to be in the 90s. Im not saying he needs to be a 99 or a 96 like Crosby, but a 90 or a 91 would have been fair
Old 08-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan97
To those of you that think Kessel being higher then Kane is a joke.......You have no idea. Only one guy has more points in the past 3 seasons and that's Claude Giroux. Patrick Kane ? he is 11th on that list. And this is looking at the past 3 seasons. Not just one. Only Stamkos, Ovechkin, and Perry have scored more goals in that time. Kane is much further down that list. Among many other things........ In my opinion you could make an argument for Kane being heavily over rated for a guy who only averages 25 a year on an outstanding Chicago team.
The biggest thing that ever happened in Phil Kessel's career is being traded to Toronto and Boston going on to win the cup. Thats the guy rated higher than Kane.

Theres more going on during games than just point totals.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #14
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

And Hossa is higher than Kane!? Seriously? Not a chance.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
The biggest thing that ever happened in Phil Kessel's career is being traded to Toronto and Boston going on to win the cup. Thats the guy rated higher than Kane.

Theres more going on during games than just point totals.
Sorry, I disagree. Points, goals etc are a result of your actions on the ice. I'm not saying Kane is bad or doesnt deserve a good rating, I'm just saying laughing about Kessel's rating and using that as a barometer is just ignorant.

He has more points then everyone in the last three years except one guy, that is saying ALOT considering the lack of support he gets in Toronto.

Plus minus and defensive capabilities would be the evening factor here where Kane is concerned. Kessel is still not where he needs to be in that regard. They are pretty tight all things considered.

Name Pos GP G A P PIM +/- PPG SHG GWG G/GP A/GP P/GP
P Kessel F 212 94 120 214 65 -18 24 0 16 0.443 0.566 1.009
P Kane F 198 75 115 190 70 25 22 0 14 0.379 0.581 0.960

The rating system EA uses has been a disaster for a lot of years. You have to take it with a grain of salt. Some categories for attributes are more heavily weighted then others. They do this to try to achieve some sort of placebo player personality. The result is you get wonky ratings. Every knew a guy on your team was the fastest guy in the lineup for example yet EA gave him a 60 rating for speed ? crap like that is what Im talking about. They are all rated to get the devs desired result.

Last edited by Ryan97; 08-08-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ya bad call on Kane.. I think he's Better than Crosby in a lot of areas- stick handling , agility, backhand shot, passing about par... But if I know EA players will almost play near the same anyway w the same moves.. They need to make each player play to their ability and w unique moves

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »