Home

More Details on F1 2014 Features, Classic Content Will Not Return This Year

This is a discussion on More Details on F1 2014 Features, Classic Content Will Not Return This Year within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More Details on F1 2014 Features, Classic Content Will Not Return This Year

Codemasters has revealed some more details about the F1 2014 features, in their latest Q&A. They also talk about why classic content will not return this year, PC specifications and more.

Quote:
Last year we featured classic content as the sport itself hadn’t changed a great deal and we wanted to offer a different experience alongside the main 2013 content. However, seeing as 2014 has seen masses of changes to the sport itself, which is providing a different F1 experience for this year’s game and the fact that we are also working on a new generation F1 game, we’ve had to take a break from classic content this year. Don’t despair though, classic content is something we’re still very interested in and will explore again later in the series.
  • REFINED CAREER MODE - Play through a full Formula One season or choose from shorter seasons, including 7 race and 12 race options.
  • EXPANDED SCENARIO MODE - The expanded Scenario mode features a range of different scenarios based on real-world challenges and moments from recent history.
  • REFINED HANDLING - The enhanced game physics combined with refined handling via gamepads delivers a more authentic and accessible driving experience for all players.
  • DRIVER EVALUATION SYSTEM - Replacing the Young Driver Test in-game is a new driver evaluation system. You’ll be launched right into a one lap race after loading F1 2014 for the first time. After completing the race the game then suggests an appropriate difficulty level dependant on your performance. To encourage the widest range of players to enjoy F1 2014, difficulty levels have been adjusted for periodic progression. Very Easy difficulty level is the most approachable yet for newcomers to the series, whilst the game’s hardest setting, with all of the driving aids switched off, will simulate the technical challenges facing F1 drivers of today.
  • TURBO-CHARGED FORMULA ONE - The introduction of turbochargers to the cars this year has increased both overtaking opportunities and the demands placed on drivers, as huge amounts of torque are unleashed under acceleration from these entirely new power units. The turbochargers require greater throttle control than before and, with last year’s high-pitched engine sounds replaced with a deeper growl, F1 2014 players will experience the dramatic effect in handling the world’s most advanced racing cars.
  • ERS DEBUTS - Following on from the success of KERS, ERS – Electronic Recovery System – makes a dramatic debut in F1 2014 with 10 times the capacity of last season’s KERS system, ERS now generates an extra 160bhp for around 33 seconds which is delivered to drivers instantly, opening up more overtaking opportunities.
F1 2014 arrives for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October 17th. Codemasters will release a new F1 title for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC next year, launching earlier in the Formula One season.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: More Details on F1 2014 Features, Classic Content Will Not Return This Year

I've yet to even dabble with classic content thus far in 13, so this doesn't bother me..
Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

How is '13s career mode?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
How is '13s career mode?
Stale, pretty much the same as F1 2012's. I'm hoping they go back to an F1 2010 type career mode, hopefully with more features.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN73
Stale, pretty much the same as F1 2012's. I'm hoping they go back to an F1 2010 type career mode, hopefully with more features.
I played the career mode every year since F1 2010 and I can't remember any difference between today's career mode and 2010's other than the menus being presented in a trailer/paddock environment and corny interviews in 2010 and 2011.

Can you refresh my memory as to what was different back then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #6
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I played the career mode every year since F1 2010 and I can't remember any difference between today's career mode and 2010's other than the menus being presented in a trailer/paddock environment and corny interviews in 2010 and 2011.

Can you refresh my memory as to what was different back then?
Just pretty much what you said. I want an F1 2010 like career mode in terms of the whole "Live the Life" mantra, but I'd like it expanded on. More features, make it more realistic, etc.

In other news, it seems as you'll be able to choose any team to start your career. I definitely won't be choosing the Mercedes, I want a challenge! I'll likely start off with one of the bottom cars, like the Lotus or Sauber.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »