Home

NHL 15 - Top 50 Rated Players

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - Top 50 Rated Players within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NHL 15 - Top 50 Rated Players

The biggest joke of all is at number 48. Corey Crawford is an 89 overall. Ha!

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #18
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, these are the best players in the world, are they not? If they have a huge differentiation of these players, what would the worst players in the worst leagues be rated? It's just like how all NHL teams are like 4-5 stars in OFF DEF and GOA, and then you look at the AHL teams and they are 3-4 star, and so on and so fourth
Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #19
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Well, I didn't even look at the list once I saw Tavares' complete ratings, and again I'm disappointed because I have to think that nothing has changed with the rating system or how the game itself will handle the attributes.

Is Tavares an elite player? Yes of course he his, but his defensive and physical ratings are too high. He does not look to make big hits (which he will as an AI player), he does look to go down and block shots (which he will as an AI player), and he does definitely not fight (which he will be forced to do because he will "automatically" dish out big hits and have to fight).

Once again, he'll be the Islanders top defensive player (which he really is not), and he'll be leading the PK unit (which he doesn't play much time on in RL).

Don't get me wrong, Tavares is responsible defensively, and as his skating has improved his defense has too, but he does not play how the ratings in this game will make him play unless the game is configured differently this year. I doubt it is, though.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
Well, these are the best players in the world, are they not? If they have a huge differentiation of these players, what would the worst players in the worst leagues be rated? It's just like how all NHL teams are like 4-5 stars in OFF DEF and GOA, and then you look at the AHL teams and they are 3-4 star, and so on and so fourth
Great point. We need to keep in mind that this game incorporates several leagues around the world and obviously the top 50 in the NHL are going to have similar ratings because they are elite. I can't speak for everybody since I'm a Blackhawks fan through and through but I feel different playability with Hossa, Toews, Kane, and Keith who EA named top 5 in there positions. EA isn't going to nail every single player with their real life counterparts but I've never felt disappointed. Players feeling distinctly different won't happen until they seriously revamp AI and zone awareness. However, EA is moving in right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »