Home

Forza Horizon 2 - Driving Social

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon 2 - Driving Social within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Forza Horizon 2 - Driving Social

The guys at Forza Motorsport have been busy today, first dumping a load of new cars for gamers to enjoy (for free) in Forza Motorsport 5. The second bit of news centers around the social driving experience coming up within Forza Horizon 2.

Quote:
" If you want to play cooperatively, you can check out our Online Free Roam mode. In addition, Horizon 2 makes it easy to compare your performance against your friends – with leaderboards for everything from speed trap cameras to Rivals events, and more.

But it’s not just about competing. Our vision for the connected experience in Forza Horizon 2 is a game that allows you to play online with your friends however you want. Car Meets, a new feature in Horizon 2, bring these social features to life. At a Car Meet, you can show off your UGC creations in a real-world setting and, if you like someone else’s design, you can download that livery or tuning setup, or purchase the car in its exact specs, complete with livery and tune. You’ll find Car Meet locations spread throughout the world of Horizon 2. Here you can get to know your fellow Horizon 2 players, organize impromptu race events while you’re waiting for your friends to join you online, share tips on tuning and driving, and more.

Clubs are another powerful, flexible tool in Horizon 2 that let you play with others how you wish. Clubs exist to bring people together. You might rally together with fellow fans to a certain manufacturer, or form a club solely devoted to drifting, or painting, or photography. We don’t prescribe how you should use Clubs – that’s up to you. Your Club can be private, public, invite-only, or open to friends. You can set up the leadership structure of your club however you please. You can use the Club Noticeboard for whatever you wish – setting up Free Roam sessions, issuing Rivals Challenges, and more. If you’re competitive you can compete with your Club-mates on the Club Ladder – a weekly leaderboard which charts everyone’s contribution to the club. Or you can compete with other Clubs on the Global Club Leaderboard. In the end your Club is what you make it."

What do you think about the online features of Forza Horizon 2?
Platform: Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Good God this game looks sick! I played a bit of Forza 5, but I felt so out of touch on how to tune and I didn't have many friends that played it. I will be picking this up day one, and I'm looking for people who will play. PM me if you want or just add my GT- II McG II.

Side note- do game devs realize that there are more months than just August-December? Been bored for like the last 3/4 months, just sayin'.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

OVR: 0
Not going to lie, got caught up in E3 2013 hype and jumped ship for PS with some of my buddies, but man if I'm not thinking about selling it and going back to the box. Between EA Access and Forza I feel like I made the wrong decision lol
Old 08-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I cant wait !

I love open world games ..
Old 08-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10
Forza Horizon on Xbox360 was dope I know this game on the One will be SI_CK!! GT: JayMezzy1984 hit me up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #6
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Forza Horizon 2 - Driving Social

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Good God this game looks sick! I played a bit of Forza 5, but I felt so out of touch on how to tune and I didn't have many friends that played it. I will be picking this up day one, and I'm looking for people who will play. PM me if you want or just add my GT- II McG II.

Side note- do game devs realize that there are more months than just August-December? Been bored for like the last 3/4 months, just sayin'.

My GT is TecmoZach

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

This game is really flying under the radar. The first was fantastic. Looking forward to this one.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Can't wait to play this, spent so much time with Forza 5

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »