Home

NHL 15 Official Gameplay Trailer From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Official Gameplay Trailer From Gamescom within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
This looks fantastic .. Madden 15 release date & NHL 15 Demo on the same day? Hell Yeah!
Haha! I don't know what I'm going to do on that day! Madden release plus the demo is going to mean a 24 hour straight gaming day.

I need a life...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Gamescom Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You mean this Iginla?

Yeah, I mean that Iggy. The one that fights maybe 3-4 times a year. Even in your pic he's tustling with Gudas, I work with Gudas and I'm pretty sure he's pretty much tried to fight me at one point.

When I think of fights in the nhl they never occur like the way they do in game. If they did players would be suspended. And in club and otp there is no option not to fight and if you accidentally hit the button because you're trying to pin your player to the boards with the puck, the entire game will stop as you go and stop playing, drop your gloves, skate the length of the ice, and engage in a fight with a guy that hit your teammate (that you may have not ever seen happen to begin with). Realism!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Official Gameplay Trailer From Gamescom

Looking good. Is NHL 15 playable at Gamescom? Any chance we're going to be seeing some gameplay footage soon?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah, I mean that Iggy. The one that fights maybe 3-4 times a year. Even in your pic he's tustling with Gudas, I work with Gudas and I'm pretty sure he's pretty much tried to fight me at one point.

When I think of fights in the nhl they never occur like the way they do in game. If they did players would be suspended. And in club and otp there is no option not to fight and if you accidentally hit the button because you're trying to pin your player to the boards with the puck, the entire game will stop as you go and stop playing, drop your gloves, skate the length of the ice, and engage in a fight with a guy that hit your teammate (that you may have not ever seen happen to begin with). Realism!
I don't disagree with anything you wrote. Fighting has been atrocious in games past but it has come a long way from what we once we had. The worst was the rockem-sockem robot fighting a few years ago. Hopefully fight logic was reworked this year. Last year I just turned it down to 1 or 0 and had very few fights per game.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I don't disagree with anything you wrote. Fighting has been atrocious in games past but it has come a long way from what we once we had. The worst was the rockem-sockem robot fighting a few years ago. Hopefully fight logic was reworked this year. Last year I just turned it down to 1 or 0 and had very few fights per game.
Agreed. Not only do they need to adjust the logic, but also give each player discernible fighting attributes.
I've KO'd goons with non-fighters with regularity.

This is one area where I'd love to see EA use 'weapons' like AFL2K did.
For fighting, some guys will have 'iron chins', 'one-punch KO power', 'strength' to ragdoll opponents, etc.
This would make for some hilarious matchups if a non-fighter dropped the mitts with John Scott or Paul Bisonnette.
I shouldn't see Datsyuk win any fights against top scrappers.
He shouldn't be fighting at all. If he does, it should be a very rare exception and only against players within his weight class, like Cory Perry.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #30
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Keep rewatching this trailer and see something new everytime. Love how the players come over the bench to celebrate after the Bergeron goal.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #31
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
13 days untill the demo man they are going to have start releasing the stadium picks in fours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #32
Rookie

Re: NHL 15 Official Gameplay Trailer From Gamescom

Anyone else notice the different Bruins goal horn?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »