Home

Changes For FIFA 15 Goalkeepers Revealed in New Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on Changes For FIFA 15 Goalkeepers Revealed in New Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Changes For FIFA 15 Goalkeepers Revealed in New Trailer and Blog

EA Sports has released a brand new FIFA 15 trailer showing off next-gen goalkeepers.

Next-Gen goalkeepers have over 50 new save animations, improved AI and new realistic player models. They are also more responsive and fluid when moving and think like real-life keepers, according to the latest blog.

The main changes to goalkeepers are:

Improved reactions

Keepers now read and react to gameplay situations, adjusting their movement if going in the wrong direction, and making last-ditch saves by reaching back or throwing out a leg. FIFA 15 also brings a new level of realism to the way keepers react to shots that are difficult to handle. Where previously goalkeepers would catch most balls they touched, you’ll now see a new range of authentic deflections and tips as keepers try to make a save.

Better decisions

Goalkeepers make better decisions in one-on-ones and when tracking the ball on crosses, corners and through balls towards their box. Keepers in FIFA 15 command their area with more awareness and intelligence than ever before.

Goalies will also read the flight of balls and you’ll see more variety in how they react to swerving, dipping or turbulent shots.

New Ways to Score

With keepers more mobile, it opens up new scoring opportunities for attackers. Your opponent recognizes goalkeeper movement and will attempt shots back across goal, nutmegs or quick shots which will leave no time to react.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New keepers are incredible!

looks good. Glad they added in new save animations, it feels like they've had many of the same animations since PS2
Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Changes For FIFA 15 Goalkeepers Revealed in New Trailer and Blog

Looks good. Can't wait to see more.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds great. But I hope it actually works correctly. Because this is something I complain about in ever game of FIFA I play. Keepers acting like morons. I really want this to be a solid new addition that works like they say its going to.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

My biggest issue with keepers in FIFA 14 was they came out way too often and every keeper felt the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

That Tim Howard save on Eden Hazard looked horrible IMO and very awkward. I liked that he came off his line for a sec before realizing he needed to get back but the dive was superhuman.

While new animations are always welcome it's more about the right animation playing out in the right scenario which they did for the Tim Krul nutmeg but not for that Howard save.

Also, it's shown in this trailer but I'm hoping it will be addressed. Shirt-tugging on a player with the ball in the box is a penalty 10X out of 10. Same thing with when you beat a defender on the wing but it's rarely even called a foul, yet alone a yellow. The only time shirt-tugging is overlooked is off-the-ball on a dead ball situation.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
That Tim Howard save on Eden Hazard looked horrible IMO and very awkward. I liked that he came off his line for a sec before realizing he needed to get back but the dive was superhuman.

While new animations are always welcome it's more about the right animation playing out in the right scenario which they did for the Tim Krul nutmeg but not for that Howard save.

Also, it's shown in this trailer but I'm hoping it will be addressed. Shirt-tugging on a player with the ball in the box is a penalty 10X out of 10. Same thing with when you beat a defender on the wing but it's rarely even called a foul, yet alone a yellow. The only time shirt-tugging is overlooked is off-the-ball on a dead ball situation.
You already know that FIFA refuses to call fouls for normal things like shirt tugging (unless you spam it, but I'm talking about CPU) and aerial fouls. Free kicks are so hard to unlock with your VP in clubs, I wish fouls would be called so set plays would be more important. I guess we will see when it comes out.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

I don't care for your assessment(s) - but I never have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »