Home

FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Career Mode Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Kinda bummed GTN is still in the game. That thing is the worst addition to CM in forever. But hopefully they tweaked it enough where its not total garbage this time around.

Also agree with the wage thing above. As someone else stated in another topic, it would be nice if a manger could save up those funds and buy out a team to be its owner. But then they would have to implement some sort of owner mode which they haven't done yet. So here is to hoping for 16 to have that.
Ideally what I'd like is to be able to somehow put that wage money back into the team. In Madden you get XP for participating in practice challenges, which you can then spend on things for your team (scouting boosts, more growth at certain positions, etc.). They could do something similar just using manager wages instead of XP, with the best boosts being really expensive such that you'd either have to be managing a top flight club to be able to afford them, or you'd have to save up for a really long time.

Not only would it give the wages meaning (you'd actually consider offered wage when choosing a team, GASP!) but it would give the player another way to impact the team off the pitch. Hell, even if the feature sucks I'll take it over nothing at this point.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Wish they mentioned a full blown transfer market center where you can see ALL moves for all the leagues in the game.

I'm not sure why this is hard to implement year after year. The game logs moves anyway so why can't we see them?

Full player name - from where to where (full team name and not just logo) and price.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.
I agree, although the execution was a little bit clunky, the GTN in theory is a solid idea, and much more realistic and challenging than the old way. IMO, here's what they should do:

- Add in "ranges" for ovr and potential, and have the range shrink the longer you scout a player. For instance, say you want to scout Will Hughes from Derby County, the initial scouting report would come back with an ovr range of 60-75 and a potential range of 70-90. If you feel he's the type of player you'd want, you scout him further, after 30 days his ovr range shrinks to 69-75 and his potential to 80-90.

- another thing, once you out in the effort of scouting a player fully, that report should be valid for an entire year, not just a couple of months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.
That is not what makes it bad. But that is not how I see it either. What makes it a terrible system is how its managed. You lose reports after 60/90 days. Why in the world? Who would throw reports away for someone on your shortlist. Meaning you have interest in them.

You can't search for specific positions. If you want a CAM you have to search for CM which includes CMs, CAMs and CDMs. Cluttering up the results. This is when you are searching, not using a scout. When using a scout you choose midfield or attacker. So it gets even more grouped together.

Scouts don't give you the proper reporting of the players ability. Which is no the bad thing. Its how they relay it that is the problem. This garbage of stat ranges is dumb and most of the time highly accurate. OVR means nothing. I only care about key stats for each positions. So it should be based off a scoring system. What does the scout think of his crossing ability, poor, below average, average, above average or good. I would much more prefer that. And each of those could have wildly different stat ranges in them based on the position and the scout. Don't show me all the numbers. Hide them all. Showing me the numbers makes me go nuts when scouting players. I spend way too much time on it. And I can always find the best player doing so. I have not had a bust pickup since my first season using it. It doesn't work as intended. Which just makes the whole thing feel busted even more. Basically lower level scouts need to be wrong more often. I haven't had a bust as you say in forever. The system is too easy to find gems.

Also let me compare scouted players side by side better. The current compare view is terrible. And it should be smart enough to compare only keep areas for that position. I don't need to see defensive stats for a striker.

Another problem with it is fact that the scout will run out of people to scout. Really? You mean in all of Italy you could only find 3 players? And now your giving up. What? There are surely more than 3 players in the entire country that meet my measly criteria. Which leads me to the next thing.

Scouts need to have traits and personalities. Every scout is exactly the same in the game, and I don't feel the need to spend the big money on a highly rated scout. Because I can do the same thing with a 2 star scout for much less money. That is how broken the system is. Scouts need to be widely different in decision making, ability to find talent, etc.

Maybe I want too much out of the game. But I spend a lot of my free time playing FIFA. And I would like a better overall experience in my CMs. I find this system so broken I don't even use it anymore. I just use the youth program to bring 3-4 a players a year (which is also pretty broken). And if I need a transfer I use the search system to find the players I want. I don't bother scouting anyone anymore. You can tell how a good a player is based off his value and wage. Why bother scouting when I know a player with a value of 7million and a wage of 50K that the team is asking 15 million for and is crucial to their squad, will be 75 rated or higher and be good at his position.

Last edited by Zac; 08-13-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #13
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Ideally what I'd like is to be able to somehow put that wage money back into the team. In Madden you get XP for participating in practice challenges, which you can then spend on things for your team (scouting boosts, more growth at certain positions, etc.). They could do something similar just using manager wages instead of XP, with the best boosts being really expensive such that you'd either have to be managing a top flight club to be able to afford them, or you'd have to save up for a really long time.

Not only would it give the wages meaning (you'd actually consider offered wage when choosing a team, GASP!) but it would give the player another way to impact the team off the pitch. Hell, even if the feature sucks I'll take it over nothing at this point.
That would be good also. At least its something to do with it.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I concur. While GTN had some issues, it was a massive leap forward from the old system of knowing player overalls. I'm not sure why people hate GTN so much, there was absolutely no fun or challenge in previous system.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #15
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Wish they mentioned a full blown transfer market center where you can see ALL moves for all the leagues in the game.

I'm not sure why this is hard to implement year after year. The game logs moves anyway so why can't we see them?

Full player name - from where to where (full team name and not just logo) and price.
I don't think the game actually simulates "real" transfers for the ones we don't see on the news ticker. It's my suspicion that a handful of transfers are "real" and involve a monetary transaction for the player, if only to give the impression that there's wheeling and dealing besides yours being done. The rest are just personnel changes from one team to another with no monetary exchange.

Keep in mind this is just my speculation based on EA's history for smoke and mirrors.I doubt that EA would spend the time properly coding a simulated transfer economy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #16
Rookie

I don't like the global transfer network thing. I'm really glad that the progression is being fixed. In FIFA 14, in my third year at Portsmouth, I sold my top 3 players, then signed Bakkali. He scored most of my goals, almost one a game (I played every game), he went up by 3. Not even an 80. I won the domestic cups so the competition was good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »