Home

NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NLSC Podcast (Sean O'Brien)

What is promising to me is that people seem to be playing a full 5vs5 instead of a dribbling demo.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Always liked right analog passing...worked really well in Live 10...

The Live 14 version honestly worked pretty well too until the patch
Old 08-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Always liked right analog passing...worked really well in Live 10...

The Live 14 version honestly worked pretty well too until the patch
I felt the right stick passing was not responsive enough in Live 14. It felt similar to a normal pass, just without pressing A/X. One of the things I loved about Live 10's passing was being able to execute a smooth pass in motion, without breaking stride or going into some crazy animation to face your target. It felt natural.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #12
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Here is a recap for people who can't listen. Some spelling errors. Long list. Everything is in order from when it was discussed.

Here is my recap! Some spelling errors.

NBA Live 14 Information:

Sean O'Brien has Worked on EA Basketball Series for many years. Both College and NBA. Around 15 years of experience working on Basketball.
Very Difficult year working on Live 14. Frustration from the NBA Live Team after release, but determined to show that they can get it done with Live 15.
Comparisons to OKC, see their team with the right pieces going forward. Rough start(NBA LIVE 14) at the beginning to hopeful championship contender in the future.
NBA Live 14 used many Live 13 assets(Very Bad). Basically had to build the game from scratch.
Excited For Future and how Live 14 retail and Live 14 post-patch and content were much different games and shows the commitment to improving the series.
Communication Team has been more transparent and willingly to listen to fans about why "Live sucks".
More community interaction and feedback. Building the game for the fans.
(Live 14) Game was not in development for four years. 11 Month Development Cycle for Live 14.
Live 13 was not built of Elite 11. Started with a new base again. Some new technology based on Live 13 regarding making development quicker and easier to add content. Adding visual and game play fixes without having to do a submission to Sony or Microsoft.
No onboarding last year hurt the game. As well as visuals. First impression of no onboarding with the game and visual not up to par with 2k14 hurt the inital release.
Keeping their promises to make the game better.
Couldn't update graphics to much 2K14 because they needed time to set-up rigging for facial scans and new lighting system.
Live 14 was a 4 out 10 in graphics and sees Live 15 as a 9 out of 10 regarding graphics.
Making sure NBA Live has it's own identity and focus on how to bring fans their own NBA experience.
Shout out to OS member for showing Lebron on Cavs with 23 number. That was WTF if I'm not mistaken.
Timing is a challenge for updating the roster for Live 14. Examples like 76ers and Lakers, rosters where either full or only 6 players.
Will be another Roster Update for Live 14.

NBA Live 15 Information:
Updated podcast with Jalen Rose. Trying to make it more like a grantland podcast.
Mick will once again build the soundtrack for the game.
They didn't updated the songs for Live 14 because of budget. Spent all money on music lisencing in begining rather throughout the year. Something they want to improve on and want to add songs throughout the year.
Enchanced Commentary with Jeff and Mike. Making them flow better and talk about real life events such as trades.
Update the Ultimate Team mode. Auction House now present. More like FIFA.
Focus on great looking and great playing game. As well making sure onboarding is there.
Fixed the backbones of both Rising Stars and Dyansty Mode.
Technologly is not there yet for sliders, local saves, and more customization options. Live 16 will be about giving users a ton more customzation options.
Making sure base is solid for future investments and making sure game plays wells before investing in new features like Online Team Play.
Making sure the prioity is game play and delivering on that. Users will be more forgiving if game play is much better.
Improved BounceTek: Making sure it's responsive and improving it.
Rag-Doll Physics(OMG Moment): Physics taking into account around the shooter or the area of the shooter. Everything around the basket. Mid-Air collions look and feel great. No clipping. If you miss block and hit the defender you will see the result rather than clipping through player or ball. Really cool collions happening.
Live 15 will have a FREE hand-ons trial for both Xbox One and PS4. Sony doesn't allow for trials unlike Microsoft. You can play the Full game for a limited time for FREE. Saves and Stats will carry over if you buy the game.
Really want everybody to try the game.
Backboard alley-oops happen but aren't user controlled by a button press. Just happened at times.
No legends outside of Ultimate Team. Look for more legends moving forward (Live 16).
Lot of time making sure body types are accurate. Wingspans are very hard to do because of animations and so forth.
Making sure they stay honest about the game and making sure the game is better. Making sure that they listen to fans.
Live 16 and beyond look for more game mode improvements such as dynasty and rising stars. Don't want to copy 2K with myPlayer with cinematics.
Improved Sim Engine.
Question regarding editing numbers for players in Dynasty. Was not answered.
No Fiba and D-League Teams is this year. Maybe in the future.
No PC version. Might not be one for a while.
Procedural locomotion system. Added more contextual animations.
Much better animations and much smoother.
No more rocket-dunks and slowed dunk animations.
Completely redid the gathering system. Live 13 separated footwork from animation, it caused rocket dunks and slowed down lay-ups. It had no momentum.
They fixed this system by preserving animation data, so actual foot planting and gather as in the animation will not be change. This will result will equal so much nicer and smoother animations.
This also allowing smoother shooter and all aspects of animations.
Added visual feedback to shooting this year to tell you how you shot and gives feedback. Also indicator to show how well a shooter is at the shot.
Smoothest NBA Live ever! Players will be more aware this year. Giving users much more control.
Animation selection is much better.
Passing and dribbling feels really good.
No shooting on right stick.
Left stick is physics based dribbling and basic movement. Contextual animations to switch and such.
Right stick dribbling is back.
Right Stick passing is back. Live 10 system if I'm not mistaken.
They added more than 400 new dunk animations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure they are more than 400.
Shots around the basket has been much improved. No ugly shovel or push shots like in the past. Much better animation selection and quality. Looked at NBA 2K for this aspect which does this really well.
Much more crisp passing, shorter animations.
Brought back size-ups from Live 10!!!!!!! Signature Dribble will also be based on right stick also. So left stick dribbling for basic movement and dribbling, right stick for signature dribbling, and most likely holding a trigger to activate signature size-ups.
No in game injuries this year.
End of game logic is bit better.
Contextual put-backs only. Not user controlled. Game/Animation will decide whether appropriate.
New camera angle for practice mode.
On-boarding will start as you install game.
Added Motion button. Like NCAA 10.

Random Info:
Community Event coming soon? No idea about this.
Tidbit: Andrew is a Simpson fan.
I was talking about seeing the in action not the the info they have released

Did you not see when I said I hope Live Succeeds

You wasted all that time posting that

All I was talking about was seeing the game in motion and plus you made my point because like I said before they need to stop hiding behind words and show the game

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

NLSC Podcast (Sean O'Brien)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I was talking about seeing the in action not the the info they have released

Did you not see when I said I hope Live Succeeds

You wasted all that time posting that

All I was talking about was seeing the game in motion and plus you made my point because like I said before they need to stop hiding behind words and show the game

He didn't write this up for you, he wrote it for the people who can't listen to it as stated at the very top of the post.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
Banned

Live2K's Arena

I thought right stick passing in 10 was a flashy pass only. Depending on your rating could be a bad pass more often. Kind of hope they put the screen back on the b button then. Felt weird using RB and the right stick

Last edited by Live2K; 08-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #15
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
He didn't write this up for you, he wrote it for the people who can't listen to it as stated at the very top of the post.
My bad I thought it was for me no shame

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
My bad I thought it was for me no shame

Yeah he wrote it on NLSC first and then just copied it and posted it on OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »