Home

SNOW is an Open-World Winter Sports Game (PS4 Only)

This is a discussion on SNOW is an Open-World Winter Sports Game (PS4 Only) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
SNOW is an Open-World Winter Sports Game (PS4 Only)

A surprise sports gaming title was announced today (we don't get to say that often enough anymore), with SNOW being announced as a free to play PS4 exclusive title on Sony's European blog.

Snow is being developed by Poppermost Productions, an indie studio straight out of Stockholm, Sweden. The goal for Poppermost is to develop a free-to-play, open world, winter sports experience. The goal is to never restrict a player, but empower them to play the game however they want.

You can either free roam mountains or participate in events. The first open world mountain available in the game, Sialia is 8 square kilometers and contains over 20 unique areas handcrafted for gameplay. The entire environment is built with interactive physics in mind, and players can mold their world by adding jumps, rails, and other features.

There will be an in-game replay and photo mode system which, when combined with PS4 share, will probably end up being a huge hit. Characters are fully customizable, from helmets and goggles, to skis and boots.

For now, skiing will be the only sport featured, but snowboarding and other winter action sports are coming to the game very soon. There is no word on a PS4 launch date, but expect it to be sometime closer to Winter, because why not?

Does SNOW sound intriguing to you?

Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
This looks interesting. I will definitely be keeping it on my radar.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Meh, I'd play this once they add snowboarding. Hopefully it's priced like the other indie games are.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm interested bc not since AMPED have we seen a decent snow game based in reality. I know it's just skis in the trailer, but the guys skis read "snowboarding is cool" so it seems snowboarding will be added. Could be fun if the physics are decent and if each discipline feel different.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Meh, I'd play this once they add snowboarding. Hopefully it's priced like the other indie games are.
The goal for Poppermost is to develop a free-to-play, open world, winter sports experience.

right in the article. f2p.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
This game looks promising, I always loved the snowboarding games of last generation. But the free to play model, especially on consoles always scares me. Still need more details on this one such as how much of it is "free" to play? How much will it cost for new mountains, ski's, characters, snowboarders etc.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
I always love Winter Olympics type games!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
This could be interesting so long as you can actually walk, or say ride a snow mobile around the mountain area. Interested to see what direction this game goes in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »