Home

FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

The players look completely unnatural yet again. I've played FIFA since 1994 and in that time only a small number of their titles have stood out. Pro Evo from 1998 through to 2007 completely owned them every year (pes 5&6 have still yet to be surpassed for me) Fifa 9 was a big big step up from 08, 10 seemed ok but since then I haven't been wowed one bit. The word I'm getting from Gamescom is that PES completely satisfied and that fifa had mixed responses. This is obviously all subjective but PES taking a year off on next gen to get this title right may be an inspired one, if they don't deliver they've no excuses. As for FIFA, they say football/soccer is growing in the US rapidly. If this is true then hopefully the sim heads will start doing break down vids of the flaws and not stand for this repetitive rubbish because we don't seem to have folk like that here in UK/Europe.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Man, I seriously thought that second video was being fast forwarded! Kind of disappointed you can play that reckless and haywire, no pass accuracy penalty, turbo penalty, etc. Guess that's why I've only played FIFA online a handful of times.

Player animations and contact did look much improved to me. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #11
Rookie

B1MM3R's Arena

They were probably playing on the easiest difficulty. I always play on the hardest and there is definately a penalty for using turbo and playing to fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Man, I seriously thought that second video was being fast forwarded! Kind of disappointed you can play that reckless and haywire, no pass accuracy penalty, turbo penalty, etc. Guess that's why I've only played FIFA online a handful of times.

Player animations and contact did look much improved to me. Looking forward to seeing more.
It's not fast forwarded??
Old 08-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #13
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

"Attackers can now read the momentum of a goalie and send them the wrong way" #TYBG
Old 08-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11

As much as I love Fifa, I totally agree. It's just like Madden, in that it seems to have ADHD people in mind. The tourney mindset. Lets set up a game that is designed for 5 minutes halves. It's why I can't stand the online space. It's like this all over it. I play something that feels a lot more realistic in my CM. So the game does bring me great joy, in that setting. Here's my only problem with the underlying desire to build the game this way. It has no personality. No signature animations. No effort to make players resemble themselves when controlled by the CPU. Why bother? Whatever team you use, it's going to resemble YOU, and your play style ultimately.

I think that is where the next frontier is for Fifa team if they want to take it to a whole different level. NBA2k gets how important signature animations are, and so does a certain game whose name shall not be mentioned. But I do have some hope in seeing how Messi handled the ball in the one video. I just wish they would kill the arcady stuff once and for all. But I can't see it happening. It's at the heart of online play. Even NBA2k is about over the top cheese. 5 guards and press D. Anymore, I'm just happy to have a decent career mode and solid gameplay. With my PC versions and the mods for them, I get what I'm looking for. Great adboards, kits and missing teams make up for the fact that the game is never going to be the game I would build for my gaming tastes. And between this and NBA2k, I am super hyped for this year. Both games are true equals to their console counterparts with modding headroom? Color me mega hyped!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Nieb498's Arena

Wow, a few minutes of shaky cell phone video of a game being played by people more than likely unfamiliar with FIFA or soccer in general on the easiest difficulty level possible and you guys already have a laundry list of dislikes?
Jeez O Pete slow your roll and take a breath from the angry criticisms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieb498
Wow, a few minutes of shaky cell phone video of a game being played by people more than likely unfamiliar with FIFA or soccer in general on the easiest difficulty level possible and you guys already have a laundry list of dislikes?
Jeez O Pete slow your roll and take a breath from the angry criticisms.
I don't think a lot of it is angry or criticisms. It simple truth. Fifa gets played like that by a lot of players. The main gripe is that Fifa doesn't encourage or reward build up play. It's not new. Fifa isn't designed around the back pass. Teams aren't designed to have identities. It's about player likenesses, kits and, now, stadia. You make up the rest. That's why so many PES diehards will never take it as a real footie sim. You don't have to play like the real world club to be successful. And it's why guys have huge Custom Team Tactics projects. They want the teams to in some way resemble the squad they see on the television. Especially if they are your CPU opponent. Playing the same vanilla tactics over and over does get old. Trust me. I've played at least 3 matches against the CPU every day for the last five years. Sad, I know. Fifa is a darn good game, my favorite, ever. But it does have some pretty major flaws that even I, Mr. Fifa Nut, am willing to concede..... That said, take my money!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »