Home

PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I feel like the graphics look more life-like than the other game where everything is so shiny. The celebrations are also MUCH more realistic and the cut scene looked very close to real life. I like the "sloppyness" of the game where it appears you can't just 1-2, 1-2 chipped lob pass over the top. There were a lot of poor touches too from over-dribbling by the User.

Animations looked improved overall but there are still a few that need to be cleaned-up, especially when there is contact. I don't know what level it was on but I would have liked to see a little bit more from Brazil's attack. There were a few times when Marcelo got caught on the ball. For all his defensive faults he's very good for a LB on the ball.

I thought the keepers in the Brazil-Netherlands 2nd video were pretty good. The goal should have been a goal but Cesar did a good job of stopping that right footed shot near post deflecting it out for a corner. He came off his line to pick up a through ball to Robben. He also played it quick, short, wide, and on a rope to Hulk. That's something I never see the other game do as the keepers typically hoof it right down the center of the pitch.

Overall, it didn't blow me away but it didn't turn me off and the main thing I was looking for, the responsiveness, appears to have taken a huge leap forward.
I do like the muted color palette. But the one video where the showed Schweinsteiger kind of showed how how some of the faces aren't quite as polished as a next gen game should be, IMO. There was also a general blockiness to everything outside of the field. Player movement was the best I've even seen out of PES. I still prefer my Fifa ability to control my celebrations. I don't want a cutscene, no matter how appropriate or realistic it looks. Overall, it's getting there. But still needs a lot of polishing before shipping. I'm sold, though.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Old 08-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I totally agree KG, demo is in two weeks right? I need to try it to see if some of my concerns were because of video compression or they're simply programmed that way. I also liked the Player ID in several animations, you could notice the difference between players; I forgot to mention in my previous comment how it annoys me the lack of net movement during goals, it doesn't make goals that gratifying and it's like bouncing against a wall, Konami has to fix that.
I think that's what I read regarding the demo. Nets don't matter a lot to me but the last PES game I had a blast with, 2011, had solid nets if I recall. Yeah, Player ID is fantastic and very noticeable when playing too as guys feel a lot different. They nailed RVP with the way he flails his arms while dribbling and shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I do like the muted color palette. But the one video where the showed Schweinsteiger kind of showed how how some of the faces aren't quite as polished as a next gen game should be, IMO. There was also a general blockiness to everything outside of the field. Player movement was the best I've even seen out of PES. I still prefer my Fifa ability to control my celebrations. I don't want a cutscene, no matter how appropriate or realistic it looks. Overall, it's getting there. But still needs a lot of polishing before shipping. I'm sold, though.
I'll have to go back and look at that Schweinsteger clip but there was one clip I saw, can't remember where, of De Jong that looked so life like I thought he was gonna follow through and break my leg. I don't mind the ability to control your celebration, it's the unrealistic one's that drive me crazy. They are the kind you see on Youtube from that Norweigian team, not in a major league. I usually jump into Be a Legend where you can choose your celebration cutscene but I like the individual aspect followed up by being mobbed by your teammates.

As much as I value gameplay I'll need to read some impressions on ML and BAL because the other game has an awesome offline mode. I did read that BAL has the 2nd divisions now though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:29 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

There's literally no defense whatsoever. No midfield battle, it's just end to end action. No fouls at all. Pressure is overbearing - creating too much space - defenders need to be IN FRONT of the attackers and midfielders to defend - not behind them. This is just a simple line positioning issue - a simple, but highly underestimated, fix.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #13
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Meh, I'm a little disappointed in the graphics, although my ****ty CPU doesn't allow me the luxury of 1080p/60fps. I usually buy both games each year, since I loves me some footy and alternating helps keep the games from getting old. This year I'll have the luxury of a two month hands-on comparison between them, since the PES demo comes out mid September.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think that's what I read regarding the demo. Nets don't matter a lot to me but the last PES game I had a blast with, 2011, had solid nets if I recall. Yeah, Player ID is fantastic and very noticeable when playing too as guys feel a lot different. They nailed RVP with the way he flails his arms while dribbling and shooting.

I'll have to go back and look at that Schweinsteger clip but there was one clip I saw, can't remember where, of De Jong that looked so life like I thought he was gonna follow through and break my leg. I don't mind the ability to control your celebration, it's the unrealistic one's that drive me crazy. They are the kind you see on Youtube from that Norweigian team, not in a major league. I usually jump into Be a Legend where you can choose your celebration cutscene but I like the individual aspect followed up by being mobbed by your teammates.

As much as I value gameplay I'll need to read some impressions on ML and BAL because the other game has an awesome offline mode. I did read that BAL has the 2nd divisions now though.

Confession. I do the cirque du soliel one at least once a game! And the machine gun them down, too.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
There's literally no defense whatsoever. No midfield battle, it's just end to end action. No fouls at all. Pressure is overbearing - creating too much space - defenders need to be IN FRONT of the attackers and midfielders to defend - not behind them. This is just a simple line positioning issue - a simple, but highly underestimated, fix.
But a lot of that has to be due to the people playing the game in these videos being pretty crappy at it. I've seen a few other videos where the game is basically played out in midfield with both players having a tough time breaking through the opposing defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #16
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Confession. I do the cirque du soliel one at least once a game! And the machine gun them down, too.....
LOL. I used to button mash until I figured out that if you run into/near the crowd it will trigger either a fist pump or something else that can pass my realism test, lol. I also like the silence/hand-to-ear celebration when I'm on the road and score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »