Home

NHL 15: The 10 Hockey Leagues Represented in NHL 15

This is a discussion on NHL 15: The 10 Hockey Leagues Represented in NHL 15 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Was hoping for NCAA... but I doubt that'll ever happen with how things went down with the NCAA / NFL games
Old 08-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: The 10 Hockey Leagues Represented in NHL 15

I would love to see the KHL included, especially since they have plans to expand throughtout Europe and one day all the top teams in Europe could be playing in the KHL. They already added Jokerit this year it's only a matter of time before other top teams follow. But as long as Bettman and Medvedev remain the heads of their respective league I don't ever see a deal getting done.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #11
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I wish the ECHL could be added. Maybe they re-worked potential so that players that are scratched can gain some points. It would be nicer to have your 54 ranked defenseman jump up 10 or so points in a couple of years from playing in the ECHL though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
We'll have to see the fallout of O'bannon. There's a good chance the rules could be laid out to compensate NCAA players for their likeness. The result could be an even better represented NCAA game than before.

It would be great to see the KHL added too. I wish KHL would realize the amount of international exposure their missing out on by not being in the NHL game.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
We'll have to see the fallout of O'bannon. There's a good chance the rules could be laid out to compensate NCAA players for their likeness. The result could be an even better represented NCAA game than before.

It would be great to see the KHL added too. I wish KHL would realize the amount of international exposure their missing out on by not being in the NHL game.
It could be years before we see any results of the O'Bannon case. NCAA already said they will appeal it and most analysts predict they will take it all the way to the Supreme Court if they have to. I think eventually we are headed to a NCAA Players Association.

As far as the KHL, there is just bad blood all around between them and the NHL. It's just as much on the NHL as it was on the KHL for them not being in the game. My fear though is eventually all the top teams in Europe will play for the KHL. They added Jokerit this year and their is already rumors of the top teams from Germany, Austria and Switzerland all being added in the next few years. Eventually the KHL could be the NHL of all of Europe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »