Home

NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Videos - First Look Parts 1 and 2

Would like to see some broadcast cam videos. Looks good so far though.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #18
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Everything looks pretty damn good except two things seem to be directly ported from the last gen versions which is the goalies (they behave exactly the same as on 360, I dont even see different animations) and the sound effects (slap shot, puck off glass, etc) don't seem like they were changed either
Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #19
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks good visually. Gameplay looks like NHL 14, which for me, is a good thing. I just don't think we're going to see that quantum leap in gameplay and animations with the economic framework of contemporary big developer, licensed, sports gaming.

Looking forward to putting another 100+ hours into an NHL game.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #20
Just started!

Like what I'm seeing presentation wise, really helps with immersion. Hopefully late in the 3rd of a close game Doc gets more excited. Seems to be playing a little bit slower which is welcome. Some small animation changes on cuts look good. Hits still OP but hopefully tuners can fix that. Jersey move a bit too much but that's not a big deal for me. Looking forward to hours and hours of be a gm come this fall. here's to hoping eashl made its way into the game as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #21
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

A lot familiarities there, but hopefully it feels different. The same could be said about FIFA and Madden last year on the PS4 just looking at videos, but I found both games to feel 10 times better when actually playing. Goalies do look awfully familiar though.

Graphically things are looking better than anticipated - liking the look of the new player models in motion for the most part, as well as the freeflowing jerseys and puck. Can't wait to set up my own camera angle and lose that puck shadow (I really, really, really hope this is still an option).

Hitting/general collision physics look essentially the same as they have been for the past few years - not very good. 3 guys running into each other and all falling over backwards in the one video? Is this tyke level hockey? Come on.

Hopefully now that they've put these videos out in the wild we'll start seeing some more gameplay from different angles, different situations, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
It's going to suck missing out on the slick presentation and smooth gameplay if they don't have EASHL this year.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #23
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

Graphics and presentation look superb.

Is it just me or did anyone else not see that much Vision AI? I was watching defense in the zone, and the defense seemed lukewarm (Ryan O'Reilly just skating parallel to Parise and giving up comes to mind).

But I really want Human-CPU gameplay before I pass judgement.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #24
Banned

NHL15 has set the standard for presentation. That looked amazing can't wait to play this game on EA Access, and I don't know anything about hockey!

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-15-2014 at 05:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »