Home

Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
The EA Madden team is a complete joke. The game is predicated 100% on an arcade style of football, hence the default 5 min quarters. It's a joke, they need to fix this stuff and make a real football game or at least let 2k do it for them. At least the MUT players should be happy, you can still play the same way. Score as much as possible and let random fumbles and INTs that aren't dropped determine the out come. EA SPORTS... if it's in the game (then we will butcher it).

Great video though, I wish you worked with EA (or anyone who actually understands REAL football like we do).
Old 08-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

very well explained. its football gap assignments 101. tutorials like this should be in Madden for people who really don't understand the game. start educating these kids who DONT play football IRL and maybe then we will have a bigger community of gamers who want a complete simulation when it comes to football fundamentals.

A start would be to correctly program these concepts into the game. Whether the talent exists at EA Tiburon to do this is still up in the air, as you would think this would/should have been addressed/fixed last year with the whole "battle in the trenches" campaign. there are 2 sides to those trenches.

awesome video Jake..thanks for sharing Chris
Old 08-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
This is really disappointing however if you shift the D-Line to the strong side of the formation and/or shift your line's direction to that side it often eliminates that problem the video shows. Sure it leaves you vulnerable for counters but you just have to read your opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good info.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
Rookie

This is a very small sample size and I'm not so sure I agree with it. I think the Play Recognition rating and Pursuit ratings have a lot to do with the angle the players shown in the video are taking.

I doubt the lineman are pre-programed into just shooting up a gap. The video shown looks like the NT has no chance to get across the center. As soon as the ball is snapped the NT gets double teamed.

I'm not trying to defend Madden, I just have to see more than 2 plays before I accept this as a fact. After all, there are plays in the NFL all the time where players take the wrong gap.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

The photos are showing NT in true 0 Tech

The chargers were in 1 gap 34 discipline. The NT was clearly shaded into a 1 tech.

Yes, a great NT will be able to play both gaps even when shaded. But idk if this is enough footage . Also, we would need to see the chargers lined up in 3-4 odd (5tech,0 tech, 5tech) to match the Photos
Old 08-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Other than that being an even front, I completely agree with what you said. To be fair, you were also going 6 on 6 in the box, if Peyton Manning gets that look, he's going to audible every time to a run because he has a hat on a hat and the runningback is free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #16
Rookie

The problem is, slanting your defensive linemen through pre play adjustments only works for pass plays! If you slant left or right and they run the ball, nothing happens. All the blocking animations are pre determined on run pays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »