Home

Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #17
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Other than that being an even front, I completely agree with what you said. To be fair, you were also going 6 on 6 in the box, if Peyton Manning gets that look, he's going to audible every time to a run because he has a hat on a hat and the runningback is free.
not trying to argue, but isnt a 335 an odd front? i thought odd front is determined by number of down lineman no? anyone have clarification?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #18
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
The photos are showing NT in true 0 Tech

The chargers were in 1 gap 34 discipline. The NT was clearly shaded into a 1 tech.

Yes, a great NT will be able to play both gaps even when shaded. But idk if this is enough footage . Also, we would need to see the chargers lined up in 3-4 odd (5tech,0 tech, 5tech) to match the Photos
the photos were mainly just to show off concept of 2 gap lineman. but a NT can be shaded or 1 tech and still 2 gap. happens all the time.

and yeah i def agree itd be best to show off 0 tech NT in 3-4 defense... problem is i have limited footage so i have to make best with wahts available. once i get game, i can do a MUCH better job of showcasing this stuff.

so i do apologize that there arent going to be many examples, and the examples shown arent always perfect for what im trying to display. yet i think the footage does illustrate a lack of 2 gap responsibility. is it conclusive? no, not from the video's 2 examples. BUT, 2 gap defenders just dont exist in madden. id need to make a vid covering multiple fronts and show off tons of examples, but thats just not feasible or necessary for what im trying to do. just my opinion anyway
Old 08-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
the sad facts. EA still does not know how to code d-line. Maybe next year or 2 the d-line will get actual read and react coding
Old 08-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
The offensive line determines the block animation.they slide into place without taking any steps. The dline doesn't matter if they are all pro.. or practice squad player, you'll get the same animations. It would be nice if dominate nt made a difference in Madden..but they don't!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #21
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
not trying to argue, but isnt a 335 an odd front? i thought odd front is determined by number of down lineman no? anyone have clarification?
I'm sure there is someone out there who counts a 335 stack as an odd front, however in my experience, you count the front based on the number of bodies on the line of scrimmage in the box. Therefore a anything with 3, 5, or 7 bodies on the line of scrimmage would be classified an odd front. Anything with 2, 4, or 6 bodies is an even front. In this video Von Miller is slid down onto the line and even though it might be a 3 DL, 3 LB, 5 DB package, it is an even front with the alignment. A 34 base is an odd front, a 43 Under is an odd front, but this was just a team specific 4 man front nickel package.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #22
Rookie

Nice to see people finally see this stuff. Things I've noticed in Madden for years smh, but cant tell fanboys anything bad about Madden
Old 08-19-2014, 02:15 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassefos
Very informative
So i guess user controlling the NT on defense would make this less of a problem?
Not really because you still have two other linemen responsible for two gaps. 3 man fronts are just broken.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #24
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzo503
The photos are showing NT in true 0 Tech

The chargers were in 1 gap 34 discipline. The NT was clearly shaded into a 1 tech.

Yes, a great NT will be able to play both gaps even when shaded. But idk if this is enough footage . Also, we would need to see the chargers lined up in 3-4 odd (5tech,0 tech, 5tech) to match the Photos
^^^^This.^^^^ Not ALL 34 D's are 2 gap. Plus, it also depends on package. 34 and 43 are not a big deal. Most teams spend less than 45% of their time in a base package due to all the multiple receiver sets.

I will say this though...the Madden playbooks are nowhere near the representation that you get with actual defenses. These guys are either limited in their resources or don't know where to look. I have a Rex Ryan 2010 Jets D playbook that I am looking to re-create and some of the blitzes and even 4 man rush sets are not even possible in the game unless you manually change each guy at the line.

EDIT: I apologize. I was reading all the comments and I assumed the video was addressing a very generalized topic regarding the 34 defense. I watched the video and the creator actually addressed what was in my post. So I apologize for the misunderstanding. It was an excellent video.

Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 08-19-2014 at 07:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »