Home

The Golf Club Review (PC/XB1)

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Review (PC/XB1) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Golf Club Review (PC/XB1)

Anyone have any more, or seen any more, details more specific than "soon" for PS4? I would love to give this game a try. It has me intrigued, especially the course creator with the amount of time I could sink into it.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Anyone have any more, or seen any more, details more specific than "soon" for PS4? I would love to give this game a try. It has me intrigued, especially the course creator with the amount of time I could sink into it.
What do people think of the course creator on x1? I found it to be very very slow and cumbersome to use on the x1....i won't have the patience to use it till it improves
Old 08-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Anyone have any more, or seen any more, details more specific than "soon" for PS4? I would love to give this game a try.
Sony usually only updates their PS4 online store once a week on Tuesdays.

Next Tuesday would be the most likely date.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alangst
I realize there isn't any "progression" with your golfer, but how is the stat tracking? For each course (even the created ones), does it keep track of your best scores, number of birdies, longest drive.etc.. If it could someway keep track of your individual handicap (like real golf) this would be a must-buy.

I'm just hoping for someway to keep track of my progress and see improvement.
There is a decent amount of stat-tracking. It will keep track of your best round on each course, longest drive, etc. but you have to go to that specific course in the "course selection" to see them.

I'm a bit of a stat-geek and would like to see a bit more stats, but I imagine they are coming with future updates. As an early-access player I can tell you that they have been very responsive to the community and their suggestions.

I will say that there seems to be an opportunity for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbkLvy29jQg

From what I've heard, HB Studios is very interested in making this happen.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #21
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
PC Review, will you be reviewing for Xboxone and PS4? After reading this review man Im pumped for this on PS4
This review was done using the Xbox One version - but honestly Josh, all versions are the same.(Except for Xbox FPS and Res)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #22
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

OVR: 2
I don't like the game. Not sure what it is about it but I don't care for it.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
This review was done using the Xbox One version - but honestly Josh, all versions are the same.(Except for Xbox FPS and Res)
Here are the exact resolutions and frame rates for each system:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4357.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbstudios
The PlayStation 4 will be running at 1080p with framerates of 30-40 fps. The Xbox One will be running at 720p with framerates from 30-45 fps (possibly a bit higher). Both will have the graphical equivalent of the ‘High’ settings seen in Early Access on the PC.

Allow me to address some questions from the get go: The reason the game is 720p on the Xbox One is simple -- we couldn't get the framerates we wanted at higher resolutions.

I also would like to discuss the framerates. Do not get bogged down in this number. These framerates run very smoothly on the consoles. Unlike many games, we have separate threads for the input and the graphics rendering on the consoles. So while the graphics threads render at the above numbers, the input thread runs at 60 frames per second on both consoles. So overall performance feels higher than what you may be imaging the number 30-40 fps represents. Framerates on the PC are not on separate threads, but they are also not capped.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0
how do you play online with others

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »