Home

WWE 2K15 Videos - Goldust and Randy Orton Entrances

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Videos - Goldust and Randy Orton Entrances within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
WWE 2K15 Videos - Goldust and Randy Orton Entrances

IGN has posted the entrances for Goldust and Randy Orton in WWE 2K15. Post your thoughts!

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Goldust Entrance

I wish they'd quit showing videos of live events..

..oh wait..

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Goldust Entrance

Wow amazing. Can't wait
Old 08-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WWE 2K15 Videos - Goldust and Randy Orton Entrances

Graphics are just sick
Old 08-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

The accuracy of Orton sans pants.

The entrance Lawler though, woof. Terrible. It can't be a bit better?

"And the fans are looking forward to seeing Orton face off tonight against John Cena in this hotly-contested matchup."

You have one stitch point to put in the opponent's name, and it's millions of times better than "Ahh listen to this place, everyone's on their feet, I love this atmosphere". What a total throwaway line.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Overall, I'm not that impressed.

Graphically, it's a huge, HUGE step over what we had, both in characters and environments. The various entrance screens actually look like LED structures now, which is awesome.

The animations (the two we've just seen) are so lifeless. Goldust might even be the same exact entrance as his WWE 13, which I believe was actually recycled from another previous game.

Lighting is mixed - the lights are more clear, and I love being able to see the individual spotlights shining on the crowd. On the flip side, I wish the ring itself wasn't lit as much during the entrances so Goldust's yellow and Orton's strobe lighting could stand out more. I also wish Orton's strobes would be correctly timed to the guitar, but Yukes' has never gotten that right, so I wasn't expecting it this year.

I would ditch the commentary unless they can do something interesting with it. These generic phrases just suck.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
The accuracy of Orton sans pants.

The entrance Lawler though, woof. Terrible. It can't be a bit better?

"And the fans are looking forward to seeing Orton face off tonight against John Cena in this hotly-contested matchup."

You have one stitch point to put in the opponent's name, and it's millions of times better than "Ahh listen to this place, everyone's on their feet, I love this atmosphere". What a total throwaway line.
Since it's those two wrestlers, I would imagine this is the Gamescom version and probably incredibly stripped down, especially in terms of commentary.

I wouldn't be too quick to rag on the commentary yet until we see the complete build.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Overall, I'm not that impressed.

Graphically, it's a huge, HUGE step over what we had, both in characters and environments. The various entrance screens actually look like LED structures now, which is awesome.

The animations (the two we've just seen) are so lifeless. Goldust might even be the same exact entrance as his WWE 13, which I believe was actually recycled from another previous game.

Lighting is mixed - the lights are more clear, and I love being able to see the individual spotlights shining on the crowd. On the flip side, I wish the ring itself wasn't lit as much during the entrances so Goldust's yellow and Orton's strobe lighting could stand out more. I also wish Orton's strobes would be correctly timed to the guitar, but Yukes' has never gotten that right, so I wasn't expecting it this year.

I would ditch the commentary unless they can do something interesting with it. These generic phrases just suck.
That was the first thing I was looking for when I watched Orton's entrance. That has bothered me for a long time, and it doesn't seem to be any different. If this is how his entrance will be in the final build of the game, that would be very disappointing. I'll wait for the official entrance to be posted on WWE 2K's YouTube page before I'm actually disappointed, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »