Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Excellent review. I gotta believe we will get a comprehensive patch to address sim stats which are probably directly affecting QB progression.

I can see if that patch does indeed come through his review would be at least an 8. That and the wonky commentary on stat swipes brought the score down. Plus Chris does not like the new play call menu.

But gameplay wise this game looks like a feast for Madden fans!

Can't wait till Tuesday!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice review . It's seems frustrating that on next gen the things that are an issue shouldn't be an issue at this point like stats and commentators saying things that are opposite of what you are seeing. That stuff just shouldn't happen. But it sounds like the gameplay will be fun.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #19
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Smartest man in the room thus far
Not really. You liking something doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Quality is quality and mediocrity is mediocrity. There are always standards to be met. For example, you can like Alien: Colonial Marines, but if you're convinced that's a good game, you're flat out wrong. Liking and disliking comes down to tastes, and does not dictate quality. Same way you may not like The Last of Us, but for you to say it's a bad game is also flat out wrong. There are standards in the industry, in any entertainment industry, and as consumers we trust critics to uphold these standards in evaluating games/products.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Not really. You liking something doesn't determine whether something is good or not. Quality is quality and mediocrity is mediocrity. There are always standards to be met. For example, you can like Alien: Colonial Marines, but if you're convinced that's a good game, you're flat out wrong. Liking and disliking comes down to tastes, and does not dictate quality. Same way you may not like The Last of Us, but for you to say it's a bad game is also flat out wrong. There are standards in the industry, in any entertainment industry, and as consumers we trust critics to uphold these standards in evaluating games/products.
Yeah, this was completely not needed. If it makes him happy, and he thinks it's good, that's all he needs.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
Very good and honest review 7.5 is good. The score could be higher with patches but 7.5 will have to do. Glad to hear about the playcalling problems, I haven't heard that yet. Hopefully they will patch things. The commentary has to be redone. Good to know Madden can still be fun but people will hate the game no matter what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Really good review. Hopefully EA addresses the issues bringing down CFM.

I havent read other reviews, but do the others mention the same CFm issues as well or do they overllok them
Old 08-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #23
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Yeah, this was completely not needed. If it makes him happy, and he thinks it's good, that's all he needs.
I'm just saying. Anyone can buy what they want of course. But if reviewers and critics opinions don't matter, what's the point of even having them then? They're there to provide feedback relative to the standards of today so we don't feel burned by a bad game.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
But to an individual, that is all that matters.

For example, Big Bang Theory is flat out horrible. But to an individual that likes the show, should it really matter to them what I think?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »