Home

Madden NFL 15: The Five Things You Need to Know for Launch Day

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: The Five Things You Need to Know for Launch Day within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15: The Five Things You Need to Know for Launch Day

I am more excited for this year than any previous. Several factors play into this...
1) I played only last-gen (Xbox360) for Madden 25 and had more fun then I've ever had with Madden, I picked up a PS4 this past spring so when I play this game tonight it will be the first time I play Madden for current-gen.
2) For the most part, everyone is giving great impressions and saying the game play is really fun and improved this year. CFM definitely has issues, but i'm confident those will be patched. In the meantime, I will dive into MUT which I thoroughly enjoyed last year and has supposedly received significant improvement.
3) Defense has been revamped this year, I actually thoroughly enjoyed defense last year, so it will only be that much better for me.

I cant wait to pick my copy up at Midnight! I've had my PTO put in for Maddenoliday for a few weeks now.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Really going to put time into offline franchise this year. Not a huge Madden fan by any stretch, but I'll be giving this one a go.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
I have a question, as a visually impaired player of games, I bought madden 15 after not having played in a long time. Since I can't read if I'm picking a pass or run play, is there anything I can do button wise with settings to make sure I know what I'm picking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #12
Banned

Since im working tonight and Best Buy is next to where I work, I'll be picking up the game at midnight. Will install the game and try it out.

I'm just hoping that the overall ratings are the same in-game and on the scheme menus as that's pretty much my number one concern. If the ratings are identical, I should be good to play even though I'll wait for the opening roster before starting a 49ers franchise.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

I really cannot wait to play around with the new coverage adjustments, and learn the new defensive line mechanics.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #14
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
While this game needs a patch or two to even out some of its rough edges, this game is well worth your time as an NFL fan. If you aren't the biggest fan of Sundays in the Fall, you may wait to see what patches do for the game.
I'm just asking this question because I simply do not understand, so please be kind and don't think that I am attacking anyone... but my question is this: Why... after all this time, must they need a "patch" to fix things that should have been detected prior to release???

How is it possible for a company to make a game and allow so many things to slip by QC??? I'm generally curious. If anyone has programming experience and can give me a legitimate answer, then please do. Otherwise, this all seems really pathetic from where I am sitting.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #15
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I finished my pre order at Gamestop and I'm glad that our location has a midnight release! I'm just amped and excited to try out the new game. The Madden/NFL season is here!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I'm just asking this question because I simply do not understand, so please be kind and don't think that I am attacking anyone... but my question is this: Why... after all this time, must they need a "patch" to fix things that should have been detected prior to release???

How is it possible for a company to make a game and allow so many things to slip by QC??? I'm generally curious. If anyone has programming experience and can give me a legitimate answer, then please do. Otherwise, this all seems really pathetic from where I am sitting.
In no particular order:
1. Laziness
2. poor QA testing
3. no regression testing
4. apathy
5. ineptitude

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »