Home

Press Row Podcast: The Making of Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast: The Making of Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Press Row Podcast: The Making of Madden NFL 15

The 97th episode of the Press Row Podcast is a deep dive with three of the creative forces behind Madden NFL 15. Host Rich Grisham goes in depth with Creative Director Mike Young, Senior Designer Josh Looman, and “Ratings Czar” Donny Moore about the approach to design that each of them take for their specific responsibilities. Among other things, Young discusses the overall vision of the Madden franchise and how this year’s version came together, Looman details the challenges and surprises behind Connected Franchise Mode, and Moore describes how the ratings process has evolved over the years. It’s an interesting view into how a game as huge as Madden NFL 15 gets made. Enjoy the show!

Joining us this week:
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
  1. Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
  2. Email the show at [email protected]
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 2:22

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
How on earth can they talk up their "testing" on cfm when the game hasn't even officially launched and there's already a huge sim stat bug discovered on CFM???? Oblivious!

I'd would have taken ONE look at a season's results to discover the flawed sim engine they have in this game...

I like the candidness of the interviews, but maaaan.... Seems like they just don't get it some times.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Press Row Podcast: The Making of Madden NFL 15

I really enjoyed listening to the podcast. I really wish that Josh Looman would have addressed the Career mode sim stats glitch, but the question wasn't directly asked. I really hope that gets fixed soon, really soon. Either way, like I said I enjoyed the podcast a lot, thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Hey everyone! Quick clarification - the interviews were conducted at different times. I spoke with Mike after I'd had the chance to play the final game, but the interviews with Josh and Donny took place a week or two before then. The CFM stats glitch wasn't known at the time, otherwise it would have been brought up.

Thanks for listening!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1
@Rich...maybe you can contact him directly And let him know it is broken. Always like listening to most of the shows...but I have passed on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Press Row Podcast: The Making of Madden NFL 15

Whether you agree with him or not, Rich Grisham is a breath of fresh air in this industry. He conducts himself like an adult (imagine that!), and always is a pleasure to discuss things with. Thanks for all the hard work Rich, and although there have been times where we disagree, I certainly respect and appreciate what you do.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Thank you, GiantBlue! That means a lot. I appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »