Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

It seems Scott O'Gallagher's presence on the NBA 2K team is being felt already. In a tweet earlier today after the release of the Yakkem trailer, O'Gallagher claimed that both the charging cheese and the 1-3-1 defense are both no longer in the game -- both have been major complaints of sim-heads for quite awhile.

In a tweet clarifying the above statement
, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."

So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

A bit concerned about the 1-3-1 being completely removed. Makes me wonder if they fixed the problems that made it cheesey. Animations/footwork.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
A bit concerned about the 1-3-1 being completely removed. Makes me wonder if they fixed the problems that made it cheesey. Animations/footwork.
Yeah was just thinking this....maybe they couldn't get it to work properly and said **** it let's just get rid of the 1-3-1.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Removing it was the easy way out.

But it's still nice for the people who play against randoms a lot in MyTeams and stuff.

Fixing the issues that made it overpowered would have rendered the 1 - 3 - 1 useless.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
1-3-1 with the CPU works terrible fin mycareer but I'm unstoppable in head to head if executed right. But I'm glad there's no more quick charges that **** is not basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope there's a full court pressure charge draws like a guy tryna turbo through and you beat him causing an out of control animation into the charge
Old 08-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
1-3-1 with the CPU works terrible fin mycareer but I'm unstoppable in head to head if executed right. But I'm glad there's no more quick charges that **** is not basketball
Seriously. They did a much better job with actual charges in the paint this year, but last year when the only charges were those backcourt nonsense *** calls pissed me off beyond end. Like, how could you let that slip through the development cycle?

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Who plays a 1-3-1 zone in the NBA anyway? I've never seen a team play REAL zone defense in the league since they implemented it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »