Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Madden NFL 15 is now available in stores. Be sure to read our review if you haven't gotten the game. If you have, leave your own impressions of your first play sessions in the comments below!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=756335

Couldn't we stickie and keep impressions in thread above and stickie the Q & A thread?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Definitely different from Madden 25. Zone defense is superior to man, outside runs got nerfed, and defense is fun to play again. Graphically the game is much better than last year on the field, though the sidelines are still sparse. Crowd sounds are improved and they seem to react properly to the action on the field. Presentation is different though I hesitate to say better simply because the commentary still isn't very good. I like the new camera angles and the half time show is a baby step forward. Overall, with some slider adjustments this has the potential to be the best playing Madden game in a while. It's progress, even if it is lacking in some areas. Solid 8 out of 10 for me.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Have both PS4 & XBone versions. For those still undecided between the systems, I will say that PS4 is noticeably smoother and visually better. Overall just plays better on the PS4. First time playing Madden on anything other than the Xbox since 2005. Guess it's time to move on. I'll post further impressions later. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
Banned

Glad they started a new impressions thread for launch day. Im at work now (3rd shift) can't wait to here everyone's impression, going to watch some games on TWITCH for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
Have both PS4 & XBone versions. For those still undecided between the systems, I will say that PS4 is noticeably smoother and visually better. Overall just plays better on the PS4. First time playing Madden on anything other than the Xbox since 2005. Guess it's time to move on. I'll post further impressions later. Good luck!
Sad to here this, makes me want to trade in my XboxONE for a PS4. Seems like everyone is going PS4 this gen, even my patna's that was 360 last gen done changed sides.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:13 AM   #7
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

well suction tackling is back
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #8
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
well suction tackling is back
Yeah, that was a disappointment from the EA Access release I played. I was really hoping for some gang tackles. Being a Seahawks fan, Marshawn Lynch only really goes down with gang tackles, almost never one on one. Or when a corner makes a tackle in real life. Most times they grab for anything, then a LB or S comes up and finishes the job, not saying all do but there are quite a few, College or NFL, that tackle like that. I can't wait until that is implemented properly.

Overall, I really hope they polish and finish this game properly next year. Or at the least patch the Sim stats on Career Mode. This game has a lot of potential, it seems like I say that every year. This time though I really think all it needs is a few fixes here and there and it will finally be a great game. Right now as it stands, it's at okay/good status, it's still a lot better than 25 for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »