Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #17
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Sad to here this, makes me want to trade in my XboxONE for a PS4. Seems like everyone is going PS4 this gen, even my patna's that was 360 last gen done changed sides.
I have both and I can tell you that either version is going to be the same. Unless EA sells different versions of PS4 and XB1 to different people the game looks the same on both ends.

And I have both. Check the GT
Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 AM   #18
Rookie

jbrock11's Arena

OVR: 0
The good reviews for this game must be based purely on comparisons to other Madden's because if we're basing it on other Next-Gen sports games, this game is trash. Let's break this down...

Player Models:
This was really the only reason I even bothered to buy this years game but sadly, they still SUCK. Players still aren't scaled right in certain situations, as a guy like Cam Newton can look like he's about 5'10 when he's coming off the sideline.

Even though some of the players look way more next-gen than last year, it's only SOME of the players. I could even understand if they didn't get most of the rookie's looking good or garbage players but even a guy like CJ Spiller, not only doesn't look like himself but doesn't look much better than what he does on the 360 or PS3. Same goes for virtually all drafted players.

Connected Franchise:
Is a pure joke. Nothing of note has been changed for the better since last year. It's actually worse than last year tbh. College players now only have black uniforms, I'm guessing due to the NCAA lawsuit, but it still kills the immersion.

Other than that, the Menu's are still clunky and not designed well at all. There are a few new things you can do as an owner like answer media questions but it pales in comparison to something like 2K has done with MyPlayer.

Ultimate Team:
Honestly who cares about this sh*t?

Gameplay:
Along with player models, this is the only thing in the game that has gotten SLIGHTLY better. It still plays like Madden except with a different feel and some newer, much welcomed, animations.

Bottom line:
If you were expecting something much different than what you've played in the past, SAVE YOUR MONEY. This game is just Madden 25, with a new coat of the same old paint.

Rating:
5/10

Last edited by jbrock11; 08-26-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 AM   #19
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Well am out until next year folks. This forum on Madden release day and first week is a pool of game trashing and nit picking.

Enjoy the game to those who love it

To the others... Carry on like usual

Peace
Old 08-26-2014, 03:28 AM   #20
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Wow. I gotta say this is the first time I have truly been wow'd by Madden. This game looks beautiful, more than any football game I've ever seen, by a long way. Also, the presentation is a huge upgrade. There are some bugs, but man there is actually ATMOSPHERE for once in a Madden game.

Also, the defensive camera is so fun to play with. I think I'm really going to like this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Well, I'll be damned. Players overall rating in schemes actually matches in-game. Only problem is that it kind of makes editing and using a custom roster pointless. Also, hmmm, as much as im a fan of Joe Staley and think he's good, he's NOT a 99 LT.

Will definitely have to mess around with schemes and such to see if I can get these guys to match their overall ratings in "play now".
All the advanced statistical analysis seem to say that he is elite of the elite, so if you're going to have a 99 LT, he is as worthy as anyone.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 AM   #21
Rookie

I'm enjoying it. The offensive player lock is just as fun as defensive. With good sliders ill have fun with this til madden 16. I wish i had more time to call defensive plays though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:44 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

Wow.....extremely disapointed right now and the game just feels really robotic and clunky. The playcall screen is absolutely brutal and the CPU calls plays immedialty and it gives you 10 seconds to pick a play and with the absolute brutal layout of the playcall screen it's hard to even pick a formation in 10 seconds.

Really bummed with this game initially.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #23
Rookie

I was an avid Xbox supporter but I made the switch this gen to the PS4, and I am so happy I did, Madden looks so clean this year too! I've been playing since the midnight release and then I had to get on here to tell everyone to get it! I joined this league too, just look them up on Facebook or Twitter, Sportsgamersonline, should be exciting, it's my first year. GO RAIDERS!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 AM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Well am out until next year folks. This forum on Madden release day and first week is a pool of game trashing and nit picking.

Enjoy the game to those who love it

To the others... Carry on like usual

Peace
Just use the ignore button my man.

Anyways:
I'm loving All Madden.
Getting it to where I will be really loving it. Had to abandon my run game due to simply not getting anything going. Ended up bringing in Cousins the last quarter.
Texans killed me 22-0 lol

A couple more edits and I think I'm good.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »