Home

NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Hey, I'm a former developer!

Sure, they're different PEOPLE, but when you're hiring and laying off people at the start of a development cycle, you can choose which types of developers you have on your team and build your team accordingly.

If they hired people to work on crowds at the expense of hiring people to work on gameplay--and considering they surely had a limited budget of some sort, it seems clear they probably did--then I am correct.
they hired an physicist that worked on the LHC to do the puck physics. Its a demo. Its only a very small slice of what the game will looks like. Its probably an older build too.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
they hired an physicist that worked on the LHC to do the puck physics. Its a demo. Its only a very small slice of what the game will looks like. Its probably an older build too.
If you've played the NHL Demos before, you know that in terms of gameplay, the demo isn't much different, if at all, than the final product before they start altering tuners.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
If you've played the NHL Demos before, you know that in terms of gameplay, the demo isn't much different, if at all, than the final product before they start altering tuners.
I've played every single NHL games since the Genesis days. I bet there will be a tuner on launch day. This place use to be great to hang around but lately its filled with drama queen.

I've seen tons of changes compare to NHL14 which IMO was not that great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
I've played every single NHL games since the Genesis days. I bet there will be a tuner on launch day. This place use to be great to hang around but lately its filled with drama queen.

I've seen tons of changes compare to NHL14 which IMO was not that great.
I'd hardly say it's people being drama queens. A lot of people have legitimate gripes. People who like Be A GM haven't heard much if anything from EA about that game mode, there still doesn't appear to be much player separation based on the videos EA's released, the videos i've seen from the Demo, and other videos that have leaked. A lot of people who enjoy online mode have seen their favorite modes cut out.
This isn't anything new, and i think it's finally starting to wear people thin. I've been one of the bigger defenders of EA, both here, and on other forums. But, it's getting harder and harder to do. Be a GM's been stale to me personally for a while, but i understood that EA was focusing on their online game modes, and things like HUT that bring in more money.
I've been able to get the gameplay to be somewhat enjoyable, but for the past 3 years I've gotten more and more frustrated with the same issues being in the game, that myself and others have long pointed out, only to have them get ignored in favor of online game modes.
But, when they cut out a lot of gameplay elements, and the people who liked them are frustrated, and then others who aren't seeing the improvements they would like see that things they hoped for still haven't changed, there's going to be a lot of displeasure. It's not people being drama queens, it's people being tired of the same old deal from EA, it's just this year there's more than usual because entire game modes got cut out.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #13
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Sounds like every arena is individually modeled. I just hope the rumored unlicensed arenas (BUF, CHI, ARI, NYI etc) at least look like their real-life counterparts even if they're lacking naming rights.

EDIT: Nassau Coliseum was showcased in this trailer, so hopefully it'll put to rest the rumor that arenas with unlicensed names will also look generic.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-26-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Rookie

lyleman222's Arena

OVR: 0

hi guys will this be PS4 and X1 only?
Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Crowd cutscenes are always a bit of a delicate balance in sports games. It is great to have some creativity, team specific or even humorous scenes, but they should be relatively infrequent. Some of the super fan scenes in the vid look fun and add immersion. But if they happen 5 times a game, it will get old fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleman222
hi guys will this be PS4 and X1 only?
Yes. Based on the info they've given us so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »