Home

NHL 15: Demo Impressions (Video)

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Demo Impressions (Video) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: Demo Impressions (Video)

Game just showed up on PSN, confirmed via "Details" that it's running 720p NOT 1080p.... So sad. It's 2014 for pete sake. Waste of a 60" TV if you ask me.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #10
Rookie

wait i had no idea nhl 15 had nbc license
Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Enjoyed the commentary by the filmer.

The skating, and dekes look solid. This guy isn't a great player, but he's good enough to give me the sense that deking will have a different flavor this year.

I was getting a feel for the puck physics too. Some of the pucks rifled down the ice did a pretty nifty skip hop like it would in real life. I'm not sure i've ever seen that in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #12
Rookie

how can this game only be 720p really EA typical ea doing their awful job first time on platform
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 22
Better skating more like the real nhl less arcade dekes, shoves from behind when u skate away doesnt trio you -great!, more passing less pokespamming and dekes is Also great. Arenas great, sound and atmosphere is great. Better physics, pokespamming is not as stupid as nhl14 its better than nhl 14. Camera Viet looks great. Need more mid zone play and more cykling.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
man im regretting moving to playstation this gen. its 139 and still no demo but xbox had it since like midnight. youre killing me ps4!
What a entitlement post...The stores for Ms and sony update at different times, there is a thing called timezones, if waiting a few hours for a store update is a generation console purchase decision for you over First party studios, hardware etc..then LMAO
Old 08-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
REALLY disappointed, honestly feels like current gen nhl game with just updated graphics and tbh the graphics in currnet gen for nhl were reallly good and in next gen there not a HUGE jump. player models also look quite big on the ice when playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #16
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Re: NHL 15: Demo Impressions (Video)

After a few hours now logged in the demo here are my impressions. Keep in mind while reading this breakdown I was playing as the Kings the entire time, who are without a doubt the #1 Defensive team in the entire league. I played all games in Goalie locked position as I would in my Be A Pro.

I can sum up my experience by breaking down my very first game goal-by-goal.

Goal #1 on me: I was in what looked to be perfect position, got top-shelfed over my glove under the bar circa NHL14.

Goal #2 on me: While my defense(the best in the league remember) stood around like pylons a Rangers player with the puck on the half-boards facing the glass twisted the top half of his torso almost a full 180 to center the puck perfectly to another Ranger waiting patiently and un-hindered in the slot. No chance as it's again roofed.

Goal # on me: I stop the initial shot from the point, only to see(circa NHL14) my "Defensemen" doing the cross-check jig out in front of me while a Rangers player scoops up the rebound on his backhand and it's back off his stick and roofed in a split second.

Goal #4 on me: Ranger cuts in from the sideboards almost parralel with the goal line, I hug the post upright and he proceeds (on his off side mind you) to roof it FAR SIDE on me.

Goal #1 on them: A floater by Dwight King beats King Henrick glove side mid net.

Other Observations: SWEET FLAPPY JERSEY BATMAN. It's just.... too much. Crowds looked AMAZING, commentary was a refreshing change as was pre-game. Player models looked slightly improved but VERY VERY VERY pissed it's a 720p output and not a 1080p as it SHOULD BE.

Overall it seems to be nothing more than a fresh coat of paint on the same glitchy, unbalanced gameplay. In serious consideration to cancel my pre-order and wait a few months till you lovely folks can make some sets of decent sliders that may solve my issues and then purchase.

Just as far as what I do with my game-time, it seems like it will be the same infuriating ride NHL14 was. Might be a pass for me this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »