Home

Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED)

The same way EA Access gave users just six hours of gameplay for the trial version of Madden NFL 15, news has arrived that NHL 15 will offer the same amount of time.

Of course, the NHL 15 demo is already available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users, there was no demo for Madden NFL 15.

The trial version of NHL 15 on EA Access should be available on September 4th at noon EST, maybe a little sooner. There was a problem on Microsoft's end delaying the release for early access to Madden NFL 15 by three and a half hours. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

For subscription prices and additional details on EA Access, click here.

Quote:
When can I try NHL 15 on Xbox One?
EA Access members will be able to download and play NHL 15 for up to six hours starting on Thursday, September 4th.

What will the NHL 15 trial include?
Members will be able to download the full NHL 15 game and play it for six hours. You can play all at once or spread your gaming over five days. Either way, you'll get regular updates letting you know how much time you have left. Note that the clock is still ticking when the game is running in the background on the Xbox One, though, so be sure to quit the game when you're not playing in order to maximize your game time.

Thanks to crankybaker for the heads up!

UPDATE: EA has removed the 6 hour time limit from the original post (you can see the original cached post here) Could we see the game for 5 full days? We will dig around.

Thanks @ghettoblasta187!
Platform: Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 48
What a crap deal! I went into buying EA Access, like it was EA Sports Season Ticket; and I got burned! I still don't understand why Madden15 was only 6 hours (with no Demo), and I sure don't see why 6 hours is all I am going to get for NHL15 (and they already dropped their Demo)? So I should expect FIFA15 to be a 6 hour trail as well? With a couple of "playable" games in the Vault, and a few EA SPORTS title which I do like; I believe, I need to read the fine print a bit more when it comes to EA products being sold anywhere!!!
You got me again EA.
Darn you!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 48
EA should really rename, "EA Access", to "EA 6-hour Trail Access"...really!
Darn you EA!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Get Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access, Arrives on September 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
What a crap deal! I went into buying EA Access, like it was EA Sports Season Ticket; and I got burned! I still don't understand why Madden15 was only 6 hours (with no Demo), and I sure don't see why 6 hours is all I am going to get for NHL15 (and they already dropped their Demo)? So I should expect FIFA15 to be a 6 hour trail as well? With a couple of "playable" games in the Vault, and a few EA SPORTS title which I do like; I believe, I need to read the fine print a bit more when it comes to EA products being sold anywhere!!!
You got me again EA.
Darn you!

Thats the problem the fine print said limited access to the full game over a 5 day period. Which says to me the limited access is 5 days but ohh how wrong I was.........Well played EA you got me again
Old 08-29-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Has Anyone heard if you can buy the game through EA Access? I have that credit from MS that would cover it... Making it essentially free this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 02:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
I had fun with the demo, I put it on Beginner and scored 7 goals! Not bad for a guy that hasnt played a hockey game in 20 years. Graphics are amazing looks like a real hockey game on TV.

I think I get the 6 hour time limit now, the people the most upset about the time limit are most likely the ones thats going to buy the game anyway, what EA is trying to do is get new people to buy the game. Since I don;t plan on buying the game, a 6 hour time limit is plenty, its like a bonus; EA is hoping 6 hours is enough to get people like me to buy the game.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I had fun with the demo, I put it on Beginner and scored 7 goals! Not bad for a guy that hasnt played a hockey game in 20 years. Graphics are amazing looks like a real hockey game on TV.

I think I get the 6 hour time limit now, the people the most upset about the time limit are most likely the ones thats going to buy the game anyway, what EA is trying to do is get new people to buy the game. Since I don;t plan on buying the game, a 6 hour time limit is plenty, its like a bonus; EA is hoping 6 hours is enough to get people like me to buy the game.
First off why are you playing on beginner? That's meant for a the 4 year old that has never played video games. At least give your self a challenge and have it in rookie or sown thing. Come on man. Now to my main point, 6 hours darn it. You are correct the people that are upset a about 6 hours are the people going to buy the game like me. We bought access more so for for the ability to play early and a lot of us were hoping it was like season ticket. Unfortunately that's not the case. Yes yes we all saw the limited amount of time but most of were agreeing that was probably for single player campaign games like mirrors edge so you couldn't beat the game before it even came out. So to finish this off, just like madden I'm disappointed again.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Really just six Hours for this too.. EA Acess is not worth the money, Season pass was better, So I did not buy any sports titles this year, beginning to feel like I'm not missing anything SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »