Home

NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

I'm kind of surprised their marketing has been so gaunt.

At this point it has to happen simply because the game goes gold this month (Sept) and they have to show something not because they promised to.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

sega2k's Arena

OVR: 0

Supposedly the trailer is dropping this upcoming week...EA liked someones comment asking if we are going to get the trailer this week..It's almost a must, since the game is almost less than one month away..Whoever is in charge of marketing should be fired..I've never seen a game give droplets of info until the last month before it drops..What happened to these days when EA was actively engaging with the community and showing off the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLrjZVMGjEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8fVCNdjFF8
Old 08-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I don't think you should be here saying someone should be fired man cmon.

Regardless of anything else basketball fans in general always get the gimmick hype marketing late before releases when we know more about almost every other game years and months before their release.

what I will enjoy is the back and forth this month though one showing something to try to win some sales over the other if we've even gotten to that point yet.

Maybe not but at least we get a month of double bball info.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
What's bothering me is this is just too similar to the release of Live 14. They held back on the info and trailer as long as possible. The game released and we saw why. That could be completely different this time but I can only guess based off history. Show us why we should buy the game. These arena pics are doing nothing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

EA once again setting themselves up for failure with broken promises and bad marketing
Old 08-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

Joman66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
What's bothering me is this is just too similar to the release of Live 14. They held back on the info and trailer as long as possible. The game released and we saw why. That could be completely different this time but I can only guess based off history. Show us why we should buy the game. These arena pics are doing nothing for me.
That's exactly how I see it right now. I've said this before and Ill say it again. Not looking forward to Live 15.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Sure the impatient side of me want all things and want them yesterday. However the reality is when we get this info likely has little to no impact on the quality of the game. If anything it will improve the game because all the resources are being used to polish this thing. I understand the thought process of "Well since they haven't showed anything therefore the product must be poor". However we'll have plenty of time to come to that conclusion.

All the informing is done for hype and hype only which benefits the companies far more than it does the purchaser. If anything this is hurting Live 15. I have to imagine if the reviews are as good as I've read this game can be well packaged to look great in a trailer. So if we aren't getting a trailer and/or other updates at the expense of Live losing out on the hype war I have to assume the Live team think whatever they are able to accomplish instead is worth it. We'll see.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »