Home

NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
Rookie

sega2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Fans Getting the Short End of the Stick

The guy from MMGN said it was a drastic improvement over Live 14. He also said the animations were good, players played like their real-life counterparts, and players had signature moves..He also said LeBron felt powerful and demanding when using him.. These all sound really good, I just don't understand the lack of info..Lillard looked good in the trailer they showed..How come we can't see other players full bodies? Well I'm expecting this to be the week they open the floodgates..Theres no better time like the present.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #18
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

From your position, I can see why you'd think that's the case. From my position, I see it quite a bit differently. We'll all see something on the coming week, I'm sure.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
Rookie

sega2k's Arena

OVR: 0

If they do drop the trailer this week, this could make or break Live..I remember the day they dropped the trailer for 14..There was almost triple the amount of dislikes to likes..If the public doesn't accept this a quality alternative to 2K..I don't think there will be a Live 16..I know they said it's a 3 year plan..But the suits and investors aren't going to continually put money up if they know they aren't going to make it back..Let's just hope those 500+ gameplay improvements they promised don't include 400 new dunk animations....
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
The guy from MMGN said it was a drastic improvement over Live 14. He also said the animations were good, players played like their real-life counterparts, and players had signature moves..He also said LeBron felt powerful and demanding when using him.. These all sound really good, I just don't understand the lack of info..Lillard looked good in the trailer they showed..How come we can't see other players full bodies? Well I'm expecting this to be the week they open the floodgates..Theres no better time like the present.

This is the only reason I haven't been pessimistic about this lack of info. The game looks damn good up close and the reviews in all seem to agree the animations or night and day. So if that's true(and we all saw the Lillard shot) any hack with a PC can make a acceptable trailer. So that's why I'll concluded that the lack of info may not be a bad thing.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm really not buying drastic improvements. Do I think it would be improved? For sure. It can't get any worse. Live 14 didn't sell well. If it was drastic improvements more info would be coming. More details about the game would be coming from the dev team. The people that enjoyed Live would still support the game and they could create buzz from the non-Live supporters. Their approach is just giving a reaction "well graphics look better but..."

If it was Drastic improvements they wouldn't have a issue showing us. IMO. It would be some level of excitement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
If they do drop the trailer this week, this could make or break Live..I remember the day they dropped the trailer for 14..There was almost triple the amount of dislikes to likes..If the public doesn't accept this a quality alternative to 2K..I don't think there will be a Live 16..I know they said it's a 3 year plan..But the suits and investors aren't going to continually put money up if they know they aren't going to make it back..Let's just hope those 500+ gameplay improvements they promised don't include 400 new dunk animations....

I think the live team may be experiencing a case of "Paralysis by analysis". EA understands that this year and next may very well be the beginning of Live come back or the death of the series. And they don't want to release any info until things are as polished as possible.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #23
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't think Live fans are getting the short end of the stick. I think video game fans are because Live fans believe EA can do no wrong when it comes to Live.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #24
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

You don't have to buy drastic changes. If you don't like it when you try it, fine. To say that they'd show it off if it were improved is your opinion. Things happen to delay release of information.

Their marketing doesn't operate like Ronnie2k and LD2K. They hype stuff which often leads to disappointment after stuff is released. That's something Live can't do. They'll release on their schedule.

OBrien probably should have checked with marketing prior to talking about an info release schedule.

Regardless, once something is shown (soon), it'll start the information release schedule. I understand pessimism, but the lack of information doesn't indicate lack of a quality title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »