Home

NHL 15 Video - Tips and Tricks: How to Deke, Protect the Puck and Much More

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Video - Tips and Tricks: How to Deke, Protect the Puck and Much More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 15 Video - Tips and Tricks: How to Deke, Protect the Puck and Much More

EA Sports has posted this NHL 15 video, teaching players how to deke and much more with the Superstar Skill Stick.

They go over quick stride dekes, drag dekes, protecting the puck, one touch dekes, loose puck dekes, 45 degree cuts and more.
  • Now, all the tools of an NHL superstar are in your hands.The revolutionary Skill Stick has evolved to give even more control to the player, featuring an intuitive right stick control scheme that is easy to use but also packed with depth.
  • The all-new Superstar Skill Stick allows for complete fluidity when stickhandling, giving incredible control with the right analog stick.
  • Use the Superstar Skill Stick with the right analog stick and True Performance Skating with the left to combine dekes and skating movement together. The left and right stick now act independently, allowing for more moves to embarrass the opposition.
  • Chain moves together to keep defenders guessing. Use a stride deke to move a defender one way then turn him inside-out by chaining it together with a windmill deke. In NHL 15, there are countless ways to get past defenders and creating scoring opportunities using theSuperstar Skill Stick.
Source - EA Sports
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
This is a very helpful video. Hopefully they thought to include this or something like it in the retail version of NHL 15.

The new skating and stick-handling moves are great for users, but I wish that the CPU skaters would actually use these moves instead of skating in a straight line with their head down most of the time.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 15 Video - Tips and Tricks: How to Deke, Protect the Puck and Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The new skating and stick-handling moves are great for users, but I wish that the CPU skaters would actually use these moves instead of skating in a straight line with their head down most of the time.
I've seen it a lot actually in the demo.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0

Id love to take it to the game and embarrass my opponents.. but umm.. there aren't any human opponents atm...
Old 09-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Finally. I know how to do something. I got tired of seeing Nash show off every move against me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
Id love to take it to the game and embarrass my opponents.. but umm.. there aren't any human opponents atm...
Hahaha true. This skill stick is a pretty small update to what they had last year (and since 08 actually) yet they are making like they reinvented it while nothing truly has really changed. I guess they need something for the back of the box. Oh well I'm still getting regardless love my self some hockey and I'm really going to have to like ranked especially.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Like the new skill stick, there's about 4-6 new moves, still don't know anything about the game modes yet other than what isn't in the game which is pretty sad considering it's less than a week away from coming back smh yolo
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgucci38
Like the new skill stick, there's about 4-6 new moves, still don't know anything about the game modes yet other than what isn't in the game which is pretty sad considering it's less than a week away from coming back smh yolo
Game modes were unveiled a week or two ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »