Home

NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
will create a player into custom roster able to go to MyGm mode ?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic

This sounds really good.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #19
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

im thinking most of the features will be shared between the two. With the main drawing pints of each (Customization in myleague, gm approach in mygm) being the main differences and selling points.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #20
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Welp, looks like I'm preordering.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That is my question as well. In fact, I'm wondering which of all features will be included in MyLeague and which will be MyGM exclusive. I like what I read about MyGM improvements but MyLeague still sounds like it'd be my preference. I'd just hope it'd have a lot of the simulation aspects I read about MyGM as well (scouting, draft combine, etc.).
I went over the my league interview again and came across this.

"One more thing on body durabilities. They will a be ‘thing’ when it comes to how you scout draft prospects throughout the season as our Prospect Scouting feature got a major overhaul this year. We’ll be talking more about that later this summer. The ‘game’ in scouting rookies is back, and we think you will love it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 12

Definitely some good info in there. I can't help but feel a little bit hollow though. I'm totally biased but for some reason the OS interviews with the Devs always seem to go into so much more detail. I guess cause OS tends to ask the questions us hardcore fans really want to know.

Here are some of the things that stood out to me. I'm all about association type modes so this and MyLeage are where it's at as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
  • Scouting is being completely revamped to inject more noise into the experience. Not unlike the situation real GMs face, you will be inundated with mock drafts from media like DraftExpress and Yahoo's Marc Spears, big boards, social media rumors, scouting reports, and other factors while trying to make a pick to improve your team
  • Visual Concepts plans to surface several storylines throughout the year based on research it did on the last 20-30 draft classes. The various types of players you could encounter include flash-in-the-pan players who may be at their full potential already on draft day, late bloomers who rise up the draft board at the last minute, players with serious injury concerns that you may not know about unless you him in for a visit. It could end up working out like it did for the Celtics with Jared Sullinger, or you could have a Greg Oden on your hands.
  • For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates. This opens up interesting scenarios for players like the small college star who averaged a lot of points per game – albeit against inferior competition. Will his skills translate to the Association?
Quote:
PLAYER PROGRESSION
  • Player peaks are much more randomized than they were before, and can be affected by how you handle a player. If you overwork a prospect he may not grow to his potential. If you pay for a good trainer, he or she will tell you that you need to tone it down before you reach this critical juncture, but less experienced trainers aren't as quick to give feedback. Playing a guy too many minutes or not giving him enough rest can also hamper progression.
  • Players have different characteristics that also affect how they respond to training. If your point guard doesn't have the work ethic badge, for example, he may complain about being worked too hard, whereas the same level of training may be perfectly acceptable to another player. Some react better to being coddled, where others respond to the drill sergeant approach in conversations. Being a good GM requires you to read these situations correctly.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #23
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

A number of features sound interesting, but I wonder how many will also cross over into MyLeague?

For example, will CPU AI roster management be improved as described in the article in MyLeague? I would expect so.

Aside from VC issues, a big problem for me last year was the progression model of your GM. If you maxed out on the upgrades - last year through VC, this year through XP - and bought a few facilities upgrades to help players, the whole game became imbalanced. Draft a C+ potential 62 OVR rookie and he becomes an A+ potential player with a 74 OVR on your roster. To compensate, I ended up making custom draft classes with much better rookies just to give the CPU some chance to compete. So then the league fills out with 25 year old 90+ OVR players I couldn't sign under my cap and a better crop of high potential young guys all around. All the ratings creep up.

If that basic model remains intact under the XP system, then the solution will have to be not to spend all your XP and avoid upgrades past some certain point if you want a sim experience. In MyLeague, at least you can go back and edit to maintain game balance over time if you need to.

Anyway, it's interesting. I still play 2k14 MyGM mode, and thise improvements have my attention. But I wonder how many of them are exclusive to MyGM versus MyLeague, if they don't involve the progression and leveling up of the GM character.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-04-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Hmmm, I'm interested. Yet I am kind of confused as to what are the major differences between this and MyLeague outside of 30 team control and maybe the myplayer being the gm. Because truthfully, I don't think this is enough to warrant two entirely separate modes when the happy medium is definitely the blending of both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »