Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #17
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
This is absolutely embarrassing that a company with this many resources can put out such a half-hearted effort with 2 years of development.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
OOTP Community Manager

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Jayson......(One last desperation)

Is Be-A-GM only controlling one team? I bet you can't control every team can you?
Yes, Be-A-GM only allows you to control one team.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
And they didn't release next gen NHL 14 because....................???????? So basically, this is only good for random games (online and offline) and HUT, and only 2 players until OTP is patched in. HUT 15 is a better name than NHL 15. 360/PS3 is the way to go if you didn't get rid of the old system yet. Unless of course, there's a surprise, and things are taken out of that.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #20
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Wow, if all these missing modes, features and options are truly out for next-gen, this is pretty brutal.

I was already skipping NHL15, because I'm primarily an EASHL player and I'm not upgrading to PS4 yet, but happy for those who felt it was worth taking the plunge. I just don't see how this could possibly justify a full price now. I get they focused on presentation and it looks like they've done a bang up job, but that's one aspect of the game. All these missing elements is going to lead to a marketing and PR nightmare.

I don't blame the devs, but it's clear the resources EA allocates to the NHL series are not sufficient to justify a game with this many modes. They simply can't work on them all and things like Live the Life, Be A Pro, Be A GM and any offline mode are going to take a hit.

It's a shame. First titles on next-gen usually are pretty bare bones, but there's much more competition for my dollar than when I upgraded to PS2 and PS3. I'm not settling for half or even a quarter of a game anymore.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #21
Rookie

<:0 Wow. That's so EA. Still 60 bucks too?? They're running a con on folks with this game. If you buy it, and these lack of features turn out to be confirmed, you're a mark and deserve to have your money taken from you lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quite a week for EA as a publisher. First the Sims 4, which is missing much of what the sims 3 had, and now this. At least the Sims will probably get most of the missing features through expansions (which cost plenty of money).

EA Sports---------it's not in the game.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5
What is with EA these days???? that worst company in America reputation sure is well deserved.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #24
Rookie

Save us 2K

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »