Home

NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond (Overall 83) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Rating - Andre Drummond Overall 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I can't believe people are really getting this upset over his overall lol

He probably has a high inside shot, layup, and dunk rating.
Mid 90 offensive/defensive rebound, and block.

As a center in today's NBA, that's all that's asked of you...and weren't we all "so happy" with the new ratings system? Jeez.
" all so happy" is a bit of hyperbole. Interested, intrigued or curious would probably be a fair description.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

I was a little concerned since Drummond has paring weaknesses, but then thought-- do I consider him important in his role-- and said, yeah I'm okay with this.

I do expect that increasing in rating is actually somewhat difficult in this new system-- if the skills gained don't directly contribute to a role, or may just switch you to a new role where you'll still have a comparative rating.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #19
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
People look into overall too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is the problem with this crap. Instead of worrying about ACTUAL ratings (which I know 2k isn't releasing) people get antsy about an overall. I see this similar to how I look at team overalls, not really that big a deal tbh. You'll still know and feel the difference between the Cavs and T'Wolves.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #20
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
When outside of rebounding, you do nothing else besides put it in well from 3ft, you need to be monumental on defense IMO to be an 83

An 83 in the realm of "rebounders"? Maybe, but how do you slant overalls that way when compared to more complete players like Dwight, Davis and Cousins?
The whole point of an overall rating is for CPU Ai. Last season the game shipped with Andre Drummond as a 72 and Billups an 81. That was terrible. That means they had to do double work to keep the management AI on point. One dimensional or not Drummond is still the most or second most valuable player on the Pistons. The fact that the overall rating reflects this is a step in the right direction.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #21
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

His speed, quick, and vert are probably real high. Add to that elite rebounding, and many above average ratings(for a center), 83 sounds reasonable. 2k underated Bigs for years.
The New system seems to be correcting that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #22
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
The whole point of an overall rating is for CPU Ai. Last season the game shipped with Andre Drummond as a 72 and Billups an 81. That was terrible. That means they had to do double work to keep the management AI on point. One dimensional or not Drummond is still the most or second most valuable player on the Pistons. The fact that the overall rating reflects this is a step in the right direction.
Thank you for saying what I was thinking. This new system seems like a value system instead of just pure overall.

If Drummond hit the market as a FA right now, He would be in high demand. IMO 10-12 mil per. Yeah that may be overpaying him, but thats what good big men go for.

I don't think they over estimated his individual ratings. They just increased his value.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #23
Banned

I think they said the new ratings system is based on how valuable a player is too his team, Drummond at 83 seems about right, because even though he is not the best overall player in the NBA, he's VERY valuable to his team.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:13 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova854
If Drummond is an 83 DeAndre Jordan better be at least an 85. DJ had a much better season then Drummond did. I was expecting a 78 for Drummond.
I doubt Jordan will be rated higher, he should be rated lower according to the new rating system. The Clippers have players more valuable to the team than Jordan, he's is not as valuable to his team as Drummond is to his.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »