Home

NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

If first impressions mean anything, your first impression of NHL 15 on the 360 and PS3 may very well be familiarity, but perhaps way too much so. The above video is one of a few different scattered reports from people who are claiming that NHL 15 on the 360 and PS3 shares all of the assets and menus as NHL 14. The above video certainly seems to point towards the gameplay being rather identical too, although it was claimed to us in an interview that previous gen NHL had received some upgrades.

The exact quote reads:

Quote:
"OS: How much work went into the current-gen version of NHL 15? Why should someone buy the current-gen version? What is being added?

SR: The full suite of modes from last year’s PS3/Xbox 360 version of NHL are in NHL 15 on the same consoles. We’ve added some multi-player physics to the game while changing the gameplay experience by taking some of what we did from the new consoles. We obviously couldn’t do everything because of the difference of the power of the consoles.

One of the requests fans have had for years is replacing the commentators, our new commentary team (Mike "Doc" Emrick and Eddie Olczyk) is also present in the PS3 and 360 versions of NHL 15."

With no other information to work off of, it's really hard to tell what was upgraded, especially on just video and anecdotal evidence. Regardless, it is very likely you won't be getting a radically different experience with NHL 15 on previous-gen consoles. We know you likely will get some slightly upgraded physics and a new commentary team, but menu assets and game art appear identical to last year. We are looking forward to testing this ourselves when NHL 15 launches on Season Ticket on the 360 and PS3 later today.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

This will definitely add some fuel to the fire.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
The UI and graphics not changing much/or at all would be relatively standard for last-gen games at this point I think. Keeping an eye on gameplay will be the thing to really watch rather than modes/graphics/UI.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah, I agree Chase. I play mostly eashl, so if they changed the gameplay enough I might give it a look. If it's just patch worthy updates, then it's time to skip.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 33
The menu layout of EA's NHL series has only seen slight changes for a while now. As long as Season Mode is in I will pick it up for the PS3. Next Gen may look better & play better but I need something that allows for multiple players other than just Play Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Yundtder's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
The UI and graphics not changing much/or at all would be relatively standard for last-gen games at this point I think. Keeping an eye on gameplay will be the thing to really watch rather than modes/graphics/UI.
Agreed. I actually may be ok with it being a step up copy from 14, as long as the gameplay BS is taken care of, IE penalties being called in full on High Impact mode, poke check fixed, no more bouncy puck in corners, some decent tweeks to AI, updated rosters, I hope they added some features I saw in next gen like having the players rank and type available in their profile not having to go deep into rosters and contacts to see if they are a 1st, 2nd, ect player and such, that was a nuisance.

IF people come out and say first hand alot of the minor gameplay stuff is updated, I may just buy it for 360, I was planning too anyways, not getting a next gen.

So any 360 info on gameplay is highly grateful to me to make a decision next week!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow. This is really pathetic. Even for EASports. What a sham. Consumers really need to make a stand...folks, put your money back in your wallet.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

One would think this is their last game that'll be made, considering no effort here and a stripped current gen version.

Wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »