Home

NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirmed within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #17
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

This is not very encouraging at all. Not having Sliders in a Sports Video game is completely unacceptable. Very bad move by EA Sports

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 15 Twitter Chat with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien, No Sliders Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

This really stood out to me, It's really nice that he's doing this after the delayed announcement, give him props for that but isn't that a lot to have to work on in 3 weeks? I'm naive to game development I admit but seems like a lot to do. Of course no sliders is a big deal also.
You'd be surprised to see what even 1 day of tweaking and altering can do.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #19
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consider all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Just glad there adding something to the rising star mode.
Not every player plays the same. Some people may not like the way the game feels by default. Ideally, the default will not need to be changed, but it's still good to have options.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Throne, I know your a fan of the series....but this a little much man...we just going to excuse every thing they do?

Sliders customize the user experience and have been in basically every sports game for 10+ years now....it's fine if your ok with not having them....but come on.

1st not a fan of the series. I'm just open minded. I killed Elite 11 and Live 14. I declared this series dead after last years game. You can go back and check

Also this has been my stance on sliders for years. Even when EA had them in their games. This is also well document here at OS. So please don't try to paint my opinion as some blind loyal fan making excuses. That couldn't be any farther from the case.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #21
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Did anyone ask about a demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Not every player plays the same. Some people may not like the way the game feels by default. Ideally, the default will not need to be changed, but it's still good to have options.

Sliders feel like a short cut for designers. The only reason sliders are needed is because the game isn't tune enough out of the box. I understand my opinion is rare, but that's how I see it.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #23
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Sliders feel like a short cut for designers. The only reason sliders are needed is because the game isn't tune enough out of the box. I understand my opinion is rare, but that's how I see it.
So, you are claiming that every game that didn't have sliders was great out of the box?

I'd rather be stuck with a game that needs tweaking - and be able to do it, than a game that is great for some but not for me - and I can't tweak it.

Edit: How did you like Sony's basketball series on PS3?

Last edited by youvalss; 09-08-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
So, you are claiming that every game that didn't have sliders was great out of the box?

How did you come to this conclusion? The point is if it's not tuned enough that I can play right out the box something is wrong with the game. If players are making 90% of there lay ups or only 10% of drives end in fouls that's a problem that shouldn't have been there to begin with. If you or I can correct these things by simply pressing some buttons why aren't they tune in the 1st place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »