Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

http://o.canada.com/technology/gamin...ssing-features

Canada.com review: 5.5/10
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #18
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty10
What is the secret to playing good defense? This is my first NHL game since 2007 or so. I've been playing on pro 8 min qtrs. losing games 10-2/3 pretty consistently with the Redwings. Also, in 4 games I've yet to be on the power play with penalties all the way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A couple of things to keep in mind...we have very little at our disposal on the defensive side of things. You have to use poke check as a weapon...if you continually go for huge hits, you will be burned. Also, just from playing the demo, I noticed the AI really loves to exploit the cross-crease/in the slot one timers. Your defensive positioning and defense against this is going to be key....unfortunately the penalty issue has become a legacy issue in the latest NHL releases, and there is no fix...
Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I am so glad Family Video stores still exist in the Buffalo area. SO glad I was able to rent a copy and have a week's worth of Play Now games instead of wasting 60 dollars and letting the game collect dust until modes/features are patched in.

I'm not too happy with the game's AI on All-Star difficulty. It resorts to "video game tactics" to score goals and passes are just way too perfect/robotic for my liking. That, or the Sabres' defense and goaltending are sieves considering they were the worst in the league by far last year. It just seems too many AI one-timers are going in, but I'll either play with sliders or switch to "Pro" and see what happens.

Teammate AI should get a once-over next year as well. I don't want to be held responsible for the terrible decisions my teammates make when the AI is rifling off laser passes in every direction imaginable to set up another one-timer goal.

Warts and all, I'm enjoying the in-game experience. As someone who freelances on sports broadcasts, the experience just feels authentic. Ray Ferraro NAILED it. FIFA and EA are great examples of presentation done right and I'll be looking forward to seeing it perfected in 16.

It's just too bad the game doesn't really extend beyond Play Now and that makes the game much worse. I'll buy NHL 15 at around the 20-30 dollar mark in a few months but I don't see how this game has any lasting appeal in its current state and price.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 09-09-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul

A very well balanced review...

I was going to get an xbox 1 for this, but now I will hold off.

For anyone that has the 360 version, what is the gameplay like and is there the season mode where you can play any team, any league.

Also, for the 360, can you add custom music.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #21
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
here's a video that expose how weak the AI can be. This was on All-Stars hardcore mode.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2...c-b60c1475d1e0
I'm not catching what was wrong with that? Are you pointing out that the defencemen were caught flat footed on a tipped pass? as someone said a few posts back...this happens...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #22
Just started!

please help!!!!!!!!!

could someone who has this game for ps4 tell me whether there is a create a player option or not? ive heard yes and no - please help. if it has it ill buy it, if not i wont. thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I see a lot of gameplay impressions posted and I'm going to dive into gameplay and sliders in a few minutes to see if the game is playable but I'm not sure why because it looks like offline season gamers like me are screwed. I was hoping I could find a way to make BeaGM work to play a season and I'm not sure I can. Here the things I have found already most of it bad:

Good:
1) The schedule for year one seems to be the real schedule
2) The simmed games had fairly good scoring and variety

that's where the good ends

Bad:
1) You cannot set it to just one season it has a minimum of 5 seasons. Not that big of a deal you can just play the one anyway
2) You can turn off salary cap, CPU to CPU trades but that does not stop them from offering you idiotic trades. 6 games in (simmed) and the Stars offered me Horcoff for 2 no names on in the AHL. restarted a season and 6 games in (simmed again) Dallas offerd the same trade for 2 other no names....weird
3) You have to deal with constant notifications about scouts and other crap I would just assume avoid if I could play season mode
4) Not being able to control all teams is a huge problem. Forget about keeping up with the real rosters as you cannot force trades. Even set on easy I tried to get Parise from the Wild for a few minor leaguers and they wouldn't budge. This is an issue because the only way to keep the rosters realistic with the NHL season would be to trade the player to your team then send him off to his rightful new team. So you may be able to swing many trades this way but if a big name player goes to another team around the trade deadline for virtually nothing good luck making it happen. You also cannot control who the CPU teams call up and down
5) Not being able to edit players is a joke. If you trade a goalie he will wear your teams mask but wear his old colored pads. I traded for Backstrom and he wore Lundqvists mask but had the green and red on his pads still....amazing they have even more goalie gear this year and no way to use it except on a created player. On a side note there several new masks (Arizona, Dallas, Montreal, NYR, Winnipeg, and Vancouver) the rest are the same old same old.

4 and 5 may be the real deal breaker for me I could have dealt with the rest and could maybe find sliders to make the game playable but without roster control (which apparently you only get in season mode) and player edit this game may be useless to me. Rammers answers on both lead me to believe they will not be in an update but rather NHL 16

To the poster above yes it has player create

UPDATE: There is also a problem in the menus. In BeaGM when you set your settings on the first page and then move on to advanced settings it keeps resetting the first page it also does this with sliders. If you set quick settings then change advanced it resets the quick settings menu.....ugh

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-09-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Re: please help!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlutherdavis
could someone who has this game for ps4 tell me whether there is a create a player option or not? ive heard yes and no - please help. if it has it ill buy it, if not i wont. thanks in advance
Game has create a player, but no edit player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »